Marvel x True Blood [e. northman) pt. 3

This final part is a lot shorter, but I like the way it ended. Sorry for the wait xo

Waking up after being shot was about as comfortable as you'd think. Your eyelids felt as heavy as paperweights as you tried to force them open, and a groan escaped your lips as the full aftermath of your injury hit. Everything hurt.

As your mind struggled to bring you back over to the side of consciousness, your heart began to beat faster and faster. Where were you? What happened to Sookie? Where was everyone? What-

"(Y/n)?"

That voice was familiar. Amid your rising anxiety you forced your weighed down eyes to open and you were rewarded with a wonderful sight–Tony Stark was sitting at your bedside table, eyes full of a mixture of concern and relief as he held onto one of your hands.

"Tony," you sighed out, body relaxing. You were with Tony, in the hospital. Tony was safe. You were safe.

"We gotta stop doing this, kiddo. I'm getting too old to see you in hospital beds covered in wires."

You smiled, albeit tiredly, as you squeezed Tony's hand. "I didn't mean for it to happen again."

"Again?"

The other voice had you turning your head, and then smiling even wider as your sister walked into the room.

"Sookie." You raised your other hand and she took it without hesitation, sitting on your other side.

"Your sister is incredibly good at putting herself in dangerous situations," Tony remarked.

Sook snorted. "Don't I know it. I mean what were you thinking? Jumping in front of me?"

"I was thinking that I didn't want you to get shot."

"But you got shot."

You sighed and Sook eased up. "I'm just glad you're ok. And you are okay. The doctors said it missed anything too vital, just an artery. You lost a lot of blood."

She began to look sick at the thought, so you changed the subject. "Are Eric and Pam okay?"

"The vampires?"

"Yeah," you confirmed for Tony. "The ones that own the bar, they were in the fight with us."

"They're both fine," your sister assured. "Though Eric has been an absolute nuisance while you were out, wanting daily updates and offering to threaten the doctors if necessary."

"Why?

"You tell me. He was driving Pam up the wall, who sent those by the way." She pointed to a beautiful bouquet of red roses that sat in a glass vase at your bedside.

You smiled. "That's sweet."

"This Eric wouldn't happen to be the 'dreamy blonde vampire' with 'an accent that makes me swoon' would he?"

Your cheeks flamed red as Tony recalled your description from when you spoke on the phone with him the other night. 

"Shut up," you groaned, covering your hot face with your hands.

Well if I'd known the accent really did it for you.....

You thought you couldn't have been more embarrassed, but as you heard Eric's thoughts and came to the realization that he was nearby and heard everything, you really wished your hospital bed would just swallow you up whole.

"I hate all of you."

I don't think that's quite true, darling.

"All right, all right." Tony held his hands up in surrender. "I'll ease up now. So kid, you feeling up for a FaceTime call? The team is anxious to hear from you."