Twilight [p. lahote]

Pairing: Paul Lahote x Reader
Imagine: Moving to Forks, Washington to live with your uncle Charlie and cousin Bella and imprinting on a certain hot headed wolf.
Warnings: None

You didn't come from a tight-knit family

You didn't come from a tight-knit family. Everyone mostly kept to themselves, except for your mother and her older brother, Charlie. They were the only siblings in the family to stay close, so by default you and Bella knew each other pretty well.

Which was why, after complaining about having nothing to do all summer, Bella invited you to come stay with her and her father in Forks. It was too good an invitation to pass, as you'd just graduated high school and had no real life plans.

Bella was going to be a senior, a year younger than you, but the two of you had always been close growing up. A summer with her and your favorite uncle sounded like a blast. Your mom was more than willing to buy you a plane ticket and ship you off for the summer, so away you went.

You arrived in Forks, Washington with a positive attitude. Charlie was thrilled to have you and set up a makeshift bedroom in the attic, which you were eternally grateful for. After thanking him profusely, Bella insisted on taking you to see Jacob. It'd been nearly 5 years since you last saw him and you were excited to see him all grown up.

You climbed into her truck, settling in as she began the drive to the reservation.

"You seem to have really settled into Forks, Bells. You seem happy here."

She smiled brilliantly, eyes shining. "I really am. It feels...right to be here. Like it was meant to happen."

"I'm happy for you," you said softly. "I wish I felt like that about something. I have no idea what I want to do with my life."

"Neither do I," she admitted. "But I know I want to do it here, for now at least."

You sighed, trying to stuff down your jealousy that she felt so confident in herself and her life. You couldn't feel more opposite.

"Who knows, maybe this summer you'll find something here too."

"I think that's what my mom is secretly hoping, it would explain why she was so eager to send me away."

Bella laughed. "I'm certainly not complaining. A summer with you is worth whatever it took."

"You got me there," you returned a smile.

-

The drive to the reservation was even more beautiful than you remembered. Since the very first time visiting Forks when you were 6 you'd been obsessed with the Rez. The beaches, the cliffs, the views; you loved all of it. And the people had always been so kind, welcoming you with open arms.