911 [e. buckley] pt. 1

Pairing: Evan Buckley x Reader
Imagine: Responding to a collapsed hotel after an earthquake.
Warnings: Talk of death, blood, slight gore. Could be a multi-parter if people care for it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might be one of the 4 people on Wattpad who watches this show tho lmao

"All right, speed round; if you weren't doing this what would you be doing?"

You laughed at the question as you sat around the kitchen with your 118 crew, having breakfast while you got the chance.

"Fighter pilot-Topgun. Call sign: shogun," Chimney said with a dreamy look in his eyes.

"Editial cartoonist, The New Yorker."

"You can draw?"

Hen rolled her eyes, "No, it's a dream. It's not supposed to be attainable."

Buck snorted, "Yeah, I mean Topgun? You can barely drive, you rebar head."

You whistled. "Wow, that was low even for you Buckaroo. How about you? If you were not a member of the LAFD, what would you be doing?"

"Uhhh," Buck looked around, as if the answer would be sitting around the station. "I don't know. I'm not getting fired, am I?"

You looked to Bobby, who sat across from you. He raised a single eyebrow and without missing a beat said, "That's inevitable."

"He'd be a golden retriever."

"No wait-a bartender. No! A bouncer at a bar."

"At a strip club," you corrected.

"What?" He said incredulously, making you giggle.

"What about you," Hen nudged you with her elbow, at her usual place beside you.

"A writer."

"Really?"

"Don't act so shocked, B. I love to write, and when I was a kid that's all I ever wanted to do."

"So what's your favorite thing to write? We talking erotica or-"

Luckily Buckley's sentence got interrupted. Unluckily, such interruption was an earthquake.

You hit the floor along with the rest of the team. Part of living and working in California meant being prepared for such things, but this felt like a lot more than a quick little quake.

After riding out the earthquake the team burst into action as the alarm went off. You all suited up and met on the truck, Hen taking off as fast as she dared.

You sat in the back next to Eddy, who was furiously messing with his phone.

"Hey, is everything okay?"

"Yeah," though his face told a different story. "There's no service. Texts won't even get through."

"Any word from him?"

He shook his head while the rest of the team looked curiously between the two of you.

"Him? Who are you trying to reach?"

"My son. I'm trying to reach my son."

"Woah, you got a kid?"

You rolled your eyes at Buck's obvious question. "That's what he just said."

"How are you not freaking out about this? Is no one else shocked?"

"I've already had the honor of meeting Christopher," you puffed your chest out a bit. "Show them a picture, Ed!"