The Avengers [l. laufeyson]

Pairing: Loki x Reader
Imagine: Loki being worried when you stop acting like your normal self.
Warnings: None

You were a member of the Avengers. Ever since your secret was discovered by Fury, you'd been working along with him and The Avengers. You controlled water, having the ability to change its shape, temperature, and state.

You got along fabulously with everyone on the team, even Loki. You had deep conversations about space and occasionally went out to see plays together. Loki was a big fan of Broadway, a fact you had sworn to keep secret.

But there was one thing you didn't discuss with anybody, especially Loki; your health.

Everyone in the Avengers was always in tip top shape. They were constantly eating junk, Thor with his pop-tarts and Clint with his Taco Bell. But they trained for hours and hours every week, and remained fit and healthy.

You didn't have the same luxury. Extensive training was mandatory for every member of the Avengers, but you'd been given a pardon by Fury. No one really noticed, and if they did they didn't comment on it.

In place of working on physical strength, you worked on your powers. Because of this, you had extreme control over your magic, and it never failed you.

You did however–

"(Y/n)?"

You were jolted from your thoughts. You looked up and found Loki standing in front of you, a worried look on his face.

"You've been sitting in the same spot on the couch for the past 2 hours."

Your eyes widened and you jumped up. The clock on the living room wall read 2 p.m. and you mentally cursed. You were supposed to take your meds an hour ago.

"Thanks Loki." You mumbled, brushing past him and heading for your bedroom.

He watched you leave, confused and concerned. There was something wrong and he was determined to find out what. Loki sought out the rest of the team. He found Steve, Tony, and Bruce arguing in the lab.

"Have any of you noticed something wrong with (y/n)?" He asked.

Bruce, who usually avoided contact with Loki as much as possible, was the first to respond. "What do you mean?"

"Lately she has seemed distracted and not her usual self. She's been avoiding social interaction and she always seems exhausted."

Tony snorted, not paying much attention to his concerns. "How would you know what her usual self is, reindeer games?"

Loki chose to ignore the nickname, more focused on you. "We are friends, and I'd like to think I can recognize when one of my friends seems upset."

Tony grew a large smirk, and Loki immediately regretted his statement. "Aw, does Loki have a–"

"Shut your whore mouth, Stark."

The men whipped around to see you standing in the doorway, hand on your hip. "You're really not one to judge. For a while your best friend was an AI. Mine just happens to be an old war criminal with a temper."

Steve snickered and Tony lost his smirk. "Sorry, (y/n)." He mumbled.

You rolled your eyes and left the lab, Loki close behind.

"Thank you for–" Loki began but you cut him off.

"Don't thank me yet, I'm pissed at you."

He froze, eyes wide. You stopped walking, turning to look at the god. "Why the hell were you discussing me with Stark anyway?"

Loki took one of your hands in his and said, "I was simply worried about you. I never see you during training and you seem to be secluding yourself more and more. I just wanted to be sure you were okay."

You let your gaze drop to the floor. "I'm fine, Loki. There's no need to be concerned about me."

His eyebrows furrowed. "Of course I am concerned, you are one of my greatest friends on Midgard."

You pulled your hand away from his and wrapped your arms around yourself. "You're much too busy to worry about me, I'm fine. You and the rest of the team have enough things to do already."

You started walking away but Loki wasn't having it. He grabbed your arm and pulled you through a nearby door. You stepped into Loki's room, which unsurprisingly was covered in green and black from top to bottom.

The two of you sat down on his bed, and he took your face into his hands. He stared into your eyes and asked once more, "What is wrong?"

You stared into his eyes, full of concern, and you couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears began welling up and spilling over your cheeks.

"I didn't want to bother anyone." You croaked, voice cracking as the tears fell. "You're all so busy and I didn't want to bother you."

Loki pulled you into a tight hug, eyes glassy as he watched you fall apart.

"I feel so alone." You confessed, burying your face into his shoulder. "No one understands what I'm going through, but I didn't want to anyone to worry about me."

Loki stroked your hair softly. "You do not need to worry about bothering anyone, (y/n). The entire team loves and cares about you. I–I care about you."

You began to cry even harder. "I care about everyone so much. I didn't want to bring anyone else into my problems."

Loki gently pulled away to meet your gaze. "It would be an honor to be problematic with you."

You laughed, despite the tears falling down your cheeks. You slowly began to calm down as Loki spoke to you softly. You met his gaze, your eyes bloodshot and tired.

"You're my best friend, Loki."

He smiled, staring back at you. "Do best friends typically kiss each other?"

You raised an eyebrow as his sudden question. "I guess? I mean, sometimes, it–"

Loki leaned forward and pressed his lips to yours, effectively cutting you off. He tasted like mint, and the kiss gave you a warm feeling in your stomach.

When the two of you pulled apart, breathless, he was the first to speak.

"You are my best friend too."