Thor [t. odinson]

Pairing: Thor Odinson x Reader
Imagine: Spending summer solstice on Asgard with Thor
Song: Towards The Sun by Rihanna
Warnings: None

It was easy for people to forget about Thor. He was large, handsome, and a prince. But people didn't think about him much. He was just the brother of the maniac who attempted to take over Midgard, and that was the end of it on Asgard.

Turn your face towards the sun, let the shadows fall behind you

You often heard people claim he was the 'stupid' one. It seemed his good looks and charm automatically made him dumb, as least that's what people said. He insisted that it didn't bother him, that you were the only one who's opinion mattered.

Tell a prayer, just carry on, and the shadows will never find you

But you knew it did. You knew the comments and insults, coming from even his own father, were wearing him down. So as you laid in bed one morning, you decided it was your new mission to help him see just how special he was.

Turn your face towards the sun, let the shadows fall behind you

You rolled out of bed, careful not to wake the still sleeping god beside you. You got dressed and left, in search of Frigga. She was your best shot at fulfilling your plan.

Tell a prayer, just carry on, and the shadows will never find you

You found her in the parlor, having her morning tea and enjoying the views. You greeted her, a quick kiss on the cheek. She asked what you were up too, for you had that familiar gleam in your eye. You carefully explained your plan for her oldest son.

Lost in the rock and roll, got lost in a promise of a love I never know

You were nervous she wouldn't approve, but the exact opposite happened. She smiled at you, a thousand thoughts and memories and words in that smile. And a single tear fell down her face as she agreed to help. Your plan was set; now it was time to begin.

Shadows chase me far way from home, I remember when my heart was filled with gold

A couple weeks passed and Thor was beginning to get suspicious of where you were constantly disappearing to. He complained every time you weren't in bed when he woke, but you could usually quiet him with a kiss.

And you know I've been burned, I've been burned, I've been burned

You told him it was a secret surprise, and that shut him up. Not many were aware, but your god of thunder loved surprises. He begged to know when it would be revealed, and you happily gave him a date; the summer solstice.

You see me lose control it's not worth, it's not worth, it's not worth, my soul

The summer solstice was an honored tradition on Asgard. Celebrations occurred every year–and it was mere weeks away. This only made him even more curious and excited, so he began counting down the days.

Lost my faith and trust, you and I know gold don't turn to rust

You were busy nearly every single day working on the surprise, and you knew Thor missed having you around. But this was going to be worth it. This was all for him.

I still swear that we can reign like the kings and queens of better yesterday

Before you knew it, it was the day of the summer solstice. You and Thor were separated in the wee hours of the morning, which was tradition. On the day of solstice, royal couples were to stay away from each other until the ceremony started, after which they would begin the celebrations with the first dance.