Spiderman [p. parker]

Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader 

Imagine: Getting tutored in math by Peter 

Warnings: None

"I will be handing back last weeks chapter test," your math teacher announced, pulling out a stack of papers. He walked up and down the rows, handing students their tests.

You waited anxiously. Your teacher finally got to you and with a sigh handed back your test. A big red F glared back at you and your jaw dropped. You definitely weren't the best at math, but you were expecting at least a C. But an F?!

You rested your forehead on your desk, contemplating all of your life decisions. Your dad was going to kill you.

The final bell rang and all of your classmates rushed out, eager to leave school. You didn't move, needing another minute or two to put off the hell that would be informing your father of the grade. You were relatively new to the school, only a few months in, and you were struggling with this class.

The class got quiet and then you heard more footsteps. You looked up and your teacher was standing by your desk.

"Is everything ok, (Y/n)?"

You shook your head. "I've been working so hard in class, spent hours studying for this test, but I just can't get it." Your shoulders slumped in defeat.

Your teacher pursed his lips. "Have you ever considered getting a tutor?"

You thought for a moment. A tutor didn't sound like the worst idea. You really wanted to do better, and if a tutor could help you didn't see the harm in trying.

"I think a tutor might help. Did you have anyone in mind? I still don't know very many people."

Your teacher smiled and nodded. "I've got the perfect student. Peter Parker, he's in the highest level of math and he's fantastic. Sweet kid too, he's in your grade. I'll tell him to meet you in the library tomorrow after school. Does that work?"

You nodded, thanking your teacher. You grabbed you stuff and left, the worry slightly easing at the thought of telling your father about the bad grade. You were working on it, and you knew he'd appreciate that.

You just hoped this tutoring worked.

The next day, in math class again, you were struggling. You wrote down everything your teacher said word for word but you just couldn't grasp it. As the bell rang you had the strong urge to go home and curl into a ball. But today was the first day of tutoring.

You shoved your books into your bag and headed for the library. You stopped at the vending machine, grabbing yourself a drink and a snack. You didn't know how long this was going to take so you wanted to be prepared.

You walked into the library, sitting at a table towards the back. You had no idea who Peter Parker was but you hoped he was nice. You were only sitting for a few minutes before someone walked up beside you.

"(Y/n) (Y/l/n)?"

You looked up at the sound of your name and met the eyes of an extremely handsome boy. He caught you off guard, making you freeze for a moment before nodding. "That's me. Are you Peter?"

He nodded, sitting down across from you. With his brown hair and brown eyes he was incredibly good looking. You gulped. It was going to be harder to focus than you thought.

"Sooooo, math huh?" Peter said, scratching the back of his head.

You chuckled at the awkwardness as he blushed. "Yeah, math. It's not my strongest subject and it seems like no matter how hard I try I just can't get it."

He nodded as the two of you pulled your books out. "Let's see if I can help."

The next 2 hours went by in a flash. The way Peter explained the concepts made sense, much more than it did in class. You sped through the work, gaining more and more confidence as you practiced.

Along with finally understanding math you and Peter just clicked. He was very patient with you, and never judged or rushed you. And his eyes were so warm and inviting you found yourself getting lost in them on a couple occasions.

You both packed up, laughing and chatting as you left the library. 

"You did really well! I think you've got math down now." Peter complimented you, smiling.

You thanked him, then watched as the smile faded from his face. 

"I guess you won't be needing anymore help."

You bit your lip, thinking. "Well, at least not until the next chapter. I'm sure I'll need more help then."

You met Peter's gaze, both of you blushing and looking away. You decided to go out of a limb. "Same time next week?"

His face lit up and his smile returned. "Sounds good."

You separated ways, each beginning your walks home. You only made it a couple steps before another thought hit you and you turned back.

"Parker!" You jogged down the road to where Peter stood, waiting. "Hand me your phone."

With a confused look he handed over his cell phone. You typed your number in, saving it as a new contact.

You handed it back, a bashful grin on your face. "Later!" You took off down the road again, ready to get home.

Your walk home was short but nerve wracking. You couldn't believe you'd gathered up the courage to give him your number. You weren't normally so bold and you were worried it would back fire. You made it home and went on with your evening, obsessively checking your phone.

Later that same night you got ready for bed with a heavy heart. You were convinced that you'd ruined a good new friendship.

You had just collapsed into bed and closed your eyes when the familiar ping of a new message rang out, lighting up your room and the smile on your face.