The Avengers [t. stark]

Pairing: Tony Stark x Child

Imagine: Tony Stark taking in a child who needs someone

Song: Matilda by alt-J

Warnings: None

This is from, this is from, this is from Matilda

She was found in an abandoned Hydra base. The team was there to take down the base and hopefully get some information, but they did not expect to find a little girl.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on

No older than 6, she was all alone. She had no name, and no proof that she actually ever existed. No family, no ties to the outside world, they couldn't even find any birth records. The first plan was to put her into the adoption system, to find her to a warm and loving family.

Put the grenade pin in your hand, so you understand who's boss

But Fury was worried that Hydra would constantly be after her, for reasons they were still trying to figure out, so he gave her to a different kind of family; the avengers.

My defeat sleeps top-to-toe with her success

She was placed in Stark tower with the team. They were hesitant at first, but they couldn't say no to those big beautiful eyes of hers. They would need to pick a legal guardian, but they first wanted to be sure this was the best option for everyone.

Oh this is from, this is from, this is from Matilda

Maria dropped the tiny child off at the tower, wishing everyone good luck. The team all stood in the living room, surrounding her. She stood with hands curled to her chest, eyes wide and scared at all the strange faces.

And she needs you

Steve kneeled down, giving the girl his best smile, "What's your name, sweetie?"

They all held their breaths as the little girl's face morphed and she began to cry. Steve stood back up, bewildered, "I didn't mean to!" 

This is from Matilda

Natasha stepped towards her, but the girl darted forward on her own. But to everyones surprise she didn't run to the red headed assassin, she ran to Tony Stark. Tony himself seemed the most surprised as the little one clutched at his leg, whimpering. He ignored the incredulous looks of his team mates as he slowly picked her up.

And she needs you

She wrapped her little arms around his neck, resting her head on his chest. Her crying eased up as Tony rocked her back and forth. Half of the team was smiling gently at the sight, while the other half were stuck in shock and disbelief. When the crying had stopped completely Tony asked, "What's your name sweetheart?"

This is from Matilda

She pulled away just enough to be able to look at Tony with watering eyes, "Don't have one."

The room was silent for a minute, a heavy blanket of sadness covering the room. Tony didn't say anything, just rubbed her back soothingly as she laid against him.

"She should sleep. We can try again tomorrow," he proposed. The team agreed, and they all said quiet goodnights to the girl before Tony carried her away.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on

They'd originally set up a separate room for the girl, but looking down at her Tony couldn't imagine leaving her alone. So her carried her to his room and set her down on his bed.