The Avengers [w. maximoff]

Pairing: Wanda Maximoff x Reader
Imagine: Wanda wanting to help after finding out you have problems with food.
Warnings: Talk of eating disorders–if that subject disturbs you or is a trigger, please skip this imagine

When you first met Wanda, the two of you instantly clicked. You were both dealing with the loss of someone close to you, and it helped you become close friends.

You loved watching her use her powers. Maybe not the messing with people's thoughts, but you loved watching her move things without touching them. She could also convince Tony to give you $20 every once in a while, which was nice.

You weren't an Avenger, you were an assistant to the team. A more accurate job title was babysitter. You forced Tony to eat every once in a while, made sure Bruce had all the lab equipment he needed, showed Steve around New York, and countless other babysitting responsibilities.

You loved your job. It never got boring, and everyone treated you like family. But the job got hectic. You were so focused on taking care of everyone else that you didn't usually focus on yourself. But that was fine with you.

You were in the kitchen one afternoon, making Tony lunch when Wanda walked in.

"Hello (y/n)."

"Hi Wanda! I'm making Tony a sandwich, you want one?"

She sat down at the kitchen table and nodded. "Yes please."

You got out some more bread and made another sandwich.

"Aren't you going to make one for yourself?" She asked, seeming concerned.

You shook your head. "I ate earlier."

Normally Wanda would just take your word for it, but something seemed different this time. She just had a gut feeling. So she did something she swore she'd never do–looked into your mind.

She was only in for a couple seconds, but that was all she needed. She pulled away from your thoughts, eyes widening as she thought about what she saw.

You were standing in front of her, holding her sandwich out.

"Are you gonna take it? I gotta go feed Tony, he's getting hangry."

Wanda snapped out of her state and took the sandwich, thanking you. You left to find Tony and Wanda was left alone to her thoughts.

She needed to think of something–fast.

~

The next morning you were up making breakfast. Steve, Sam, Clint, and Natasha had all been on a mission for the past week and didn't return until late last night. So you wanted to surprise them all with a big breakfast.

You made scrambled eggs and toast, bacon, and waffles. The whole kitchen smelled delicious, and people began to drift in around 11am. Eventually the whole team was sat at the kitchen table, eating and catching up.

You sat in between Natasha and Wanda, laughing as Sam told you about Steve wiping out in the middle of the mission.

"He was running towards a soldier, shield up at the ready, and he just slipped!"

You snickered, wishing you had been there to see it. You turned to Wanda to make an old man Steve joke, but she was in deep conversation with Clint on her other side.

You ignored the urge to listen in, and turned back to Sam who was still making fun of Steve.

"Maybe we should get you a cane, Steve. Just for some extra support."