The Avengers [b. barnes]

Pairing: James 'Bucky' Barnes x Reader 

Imagine: Spending a peaceful Sunday morning with Bucky.

Warnings: None

You couldn't be any happier.

It was Sunday morning, a cool breeze in the air. You were wrapped up in a comforter, your own personal heater sleeping beside you. Your personal heater also happened to snore, which is why you were currently awake instead of soundly sleeping.

You curled up, resting your head on your heater, listening to his steady heartbeat. It was like music to your ears, and with his arms wrapped around your waist you felt perfectly content. You remained there, peaceful, for a few minutes before he began to awake.

You watched as his eyes creeped open, and he slowly woke up. He was so cute in the way his eyes fluttered open, and his arms instinctively tightened around you. He glanced down to you and smiled. Your heart warmed at the way he smiled at you, like you were the most important thing in the world. To him, you were.

"Good morning." Bucky's voice was rough, heavy with sleep.

You leaned up, kissing his cheek. "Good morning."

He yawned before burying his face into your hair. "I could lay here all day."

You agreed, closing your eyes and enjoying the closeness. The cute interaction was interrupted by the loud grumbling of Buckys stomach.

You giggled, sitting up. "I think someone's hungry."

"I'm always hungry."

"True." You slipped out of bed, shivering in the cool morning air. You grabbed one of Bucky's sweatshirts and slipped in on. It was so soft, and smelled just like him.

"Pancakes?"

He didn't even need to answer, his face answering for you.

"Pancakes it is." You left him to finish waking up and headed for the kitchen. You started up the coffee pot and began mixing up the batter.

You fixed 2 large cups of coffee as you waited for the griddle to heat up. You poured the first pancake on, spatula in hand as you waited to flip it.

You felt two arms slide around your waist, wrapping around you. You smiled as Bucky kissed your neck, his scruff tickling your skin.

"The smell of coffee lured me out."

You pointed him towards his cup as you flipped the pancake.

He sat at the counter, sipping and watching as you made pancake after pancake. He suddenly got an idea, a mischievous smile forming. "I bet you can't flip one up in the air."

You swiveled on one foot, giving your boyfriend an odd look. "What?" 

"I bet you can't flip a pancake in the air and catch it again."

You narrowed your eyes. He knew exactly what he was doing; you couldn't turn down a dare.

"You're on, James." You turned back to the oven, eye on the pancake. You scooped it up and flipped. The pancake flew up into the air and seemed to come back down in slow motion. You caught it perfectly on the spatula.

You smiled proudly, sliding the pancake onto a plate and presenting it to Bucky. "This one's for you. Let me know how victory tastes."

Buck laughed, enjoying the pancake. The two of you continued on, eating and daring each other. By the time breakfast was over, there was flour everywhere and a few pancakes stuck to the ceiling.

After eating, the two of you went back and forth on what to spend the day doing. You considered going to the park, seeing a movie, visiting a friend, etc. But after a relatively short debate, you both agreed on an activity.

The two of you crawled into bed and fell back asleep, stomachs full and hearts happy.