Marvel [b. barnes]

Pairing: James 'Bucky' Barnes x Reader
Imagine: You and Bucky are enjoying a weekend off when you suggest playing a game Buck used to play back in the day. He's not as good as he remembers.
Warnings: Insinuation of diddily doo

You had never been as content as you were right in this moment.

It was a late Sunday morning and you were curled up in bed, your super soldier boyfriend curled around you. Bucky was still asleep, his scruff tickling your neck and cold toes pressed against your legs. His metal arm rested against your hip, the other thrown somewhere under the mountain of covers. 

His metal fingers would flex every once in a while, making you smile as he dreamt. The nightmares had faded significantly, becoming less and less frequent the longer you two were together.

Bucky had a lot of normal dreams now; grocery shopping while naked, being at the dentist, fighting Godzilla-that last one came the night after you watched the new remake.

But your boyfriend woke up from every one with a smile on his face. To him, even the uncomfortable dreams were special. They were a sign of normality, a sign of being human.

"I floss," Bucky mumbled, breaking you from your thoughts. You bit your lip, trying desperately not to laugh. But the thought of Bucky arguing with a dentist about whether or not he flossed was too funny, and as your chest shook with laughter he stirred.

He hummed groggily, eyes slowly blinking open.

"Sorry," you spoke softly. "I didn't mean to wake you up."

"Is everything okay?"

If you weren't already laying down you would have swooned. Bucky's voice was already pretty deep, but his morning voice? Phew.

"You were talking in your sleep again, it made me laugh."

He groaned, tightening his arms around you and pulling you closer to him. "Not again. What was it this time?"

"Flossing."

Bucky chuckled, laying his head on your chest. Your fingers automatically moved to his head where you began running them through his hair. "My dentist didn't believe I was flossing."

You laughed again. "I could tell, you sounded mad."

"I was. I told him I did it twice a day and he didn't believe me."

You hummed, the room going quiet again as you played with Bucky's hair.

"What should we do today?" 

"Absolutely nothing."

You chuckled, the rumbling sound like music to Bucky's ears. "We should do something. It's so rare to have a day off."

"Exactly, so let's just relax."

"Alright, alright. I could go for some relaxation."

Bucky hummed in agreement.

You continued to weave your fingers throughout his hair, tugging slightly. 

"Oh! We could play some board games today. Board games and cuddles and coffee sounds like a perfect Sunday."

Bucky lifted his head from your chest to give you a sweet kiss. "That sounds nice."

You slid out of bed, even as Bucky groaned and made grabby hands at you. "I'm gonna put on some coffee and pick our first game!"

There was a chill in the air so you slid on your sweatpants and one of Bucky's hoodies. You happily skipped to the kitchen, turning on the coffee pot before moving to the living room to sit in front of the tv where the board games sat.