congratulations|merder's daughter🦋

For the last week, you have been eagerly waiting for an acceptance letter from Harvard Med School, you rush home everyday to check but you haven't received anything yet. You run down the stairs to check the mailbox when you hear your mom say:
"i've already checked Y/N, there's nothing yet."  you sigh.
"Don't worry honey, i'm sure it'll come later today. Remember if it does come and we're not here, Wait for us!!!" your dad says
"I'm starting to think i haven't got in, then what will i do?" you cry
"There's no way that our daughter hasn't been accepted. Our beautiful, smart and talented daughter" your mom comfortingly says.
"Thanks, i love you both. If it does come today can i please come to the hospital and open it because i don't think i'll be able to wait!" you beg. Your parents agree and kiss you goodbye. You grab your bag and head to school.

———————————AT SCHOOL—————————-
All you can think about is the letter. Did you get in? What happens if you don't get in? Will you become a surgeon? You were thinking about all these things that you forgot about the main thing, you'll be leaving your family and be moving miles away. You'll be alone.
"Y/N Grey-Shepherd! What's the answer to number 6!" your math teacher shouts. Shit. You haven't been listening. Luckily, your friend Nadia texts you the answer.
"The answer is 97 sir" you reply. Your teacher looks at you shocked as you smile at Nadia.
At lunch, you are still distracted.
"What is up with you Y/N, you'be been distracted all day!" Nadia asks
"Probably thinking about a boyyyy. Ooo Y/N's got a crush!" Teddy jokes as you slap his arm
"Actually no i haven't got a crush, i'm waiting on an acceptance letter from Harvard Med School" you reply as all your friends stare at you
"YOU APPLIED FOR HARVARD AND DIDNT TELL US!" Nadia shouts, obviously hurt
"I was going to tell you when i got accepted! I didn't mean to hurt you all, i'm sorry" you say

————————-AFTER SCHOOL————————
The bell goes for the end of the day and you couldn't get out of the classroom fast enough. You rush all the way home and go to the mailbox. You pick everything up and head inside.
"letter for dad, letter for mom, another letter for dad. AHHHHH!!! LETTER FOR ME!" you scream. You look at the envelope with HARVARD printed on and smile. You pick up your keys and run as fast as you can to Grey-Sloan memorial hospital.  You finally arrive, panting for breath.
"Hey Y/N! Woah, why are you so out of breath?" Your uncle Alex says
"H-Harvard. L-Letter. Need to see M-Mom and D-Dad now." you pant when you see your parents walking side-by-side.
"MOM! DAD!" you shout, waving the letter in the air. Your parents run up to you.
"Oh my god Y/N! Open it!" your dad says. You rip open the letter and read:
Dear Miss.Grey-Shepherd,
We are delighted to inform you that you have been offered a place in the Harvard Medical School Programme.
You feel happy tears roll down your cheeks as your parents hug you closely.
"I got in, I got in!" you cry
"Did you hear that everyone? My daughter is going to Harvard and is going to become the best surgeon any of you have ever seen!" your dad announces. A crowd of doctors formed,congratulating you.
"Did i just hear that right? My little chicken just got into Harvard Med! Congratulations Y/N, i'm so proud of you."  Dr.Bailey says, she's always called you her little chicken ever since you were a baby. For the rest of the day, you were congratulated by your parents colleagues. You still couldn't believe it, you were going to become a surgeon, just like your amazing parents. Ever since you were 5, you wanted to be a surgeon.

—————————AT HOME————————————
You finally got off the phone to your friends to tell them the good news and they were so happy for you. You run downstairs to the living room when you see your letter framed on the wall.
"You guys seriously framed it!" you laugh
"Of course we did! We're so proud of you Y/N, all of your hard work has finally payed off." your mom says
"And that's why we wanted to give you this, to remember us when you're gone." your dad says and hands you a gift bag. You open it up and it's the most thoughtful present you've ever received.
"Oh my god. I love it" you cry "Thank you so much." Your parents got you a long-distance touch lamp!
"We have one too so whenever you miss us, just touch the lamp and our lamp will light up as well. And if we miss you, we'll tap it and yours will light up." your mom explains
"I'm really excited to go to med school, but i don't want to leave you both. I'm gonna miss you both so much." you cry. Your parents hold you close
"We're gonna miss you more Y/N, more than you will understand. But it'll be okay, i promise." your dad says.

————————-AUTHORS NOTE————————-
hey everyone, hope you enjoyed this imagine!
Please tell me if you want a part 2 of this 🤎
requests are open🦋