paper planes pt.3| merder's daughter

"SHOOT THE THING!" Tilly shouts. You grab the warning gun and shoot up to the air, praying they notice you. The transport plane lands and you hug Tilly close. You survived. You're going home.

"Let's get you all home" the man says, handing you all a water. Everyone gets on the plane and you get on last.

"Thank you" you say, tears coming from your face. He puts his hand on your shoulder and you take a seat.

"We're going to put you all to sleep so don't worry, you won't need to stress" he says. You all take a sleeping pill and you fall asleep. You dream about your first flight after aunt Lexie and uncle Mark died.

"You ready to board?" dad asks. You nod and walk on the plane. You take your seat and hold the photo of you, Zola, Mark and Lexie.

Your dad holds you hand "It's gonna be okay princess, i'm a bit nervous but i know i'm gonna be fine because i have you. And you're gonna be fine because you have me. We're gonna get there safely and we can eat as much candy we want without mommy telling us it's bad for us"

"I love you daddy, please don't leave me too" you say, a tear rolling down your face

"I'm not going anywhere, nothing and nobody is gonna keep me away from my girls. Not even if i get hit by a truck!" he says and you laugh.

"that's silly, that won't happen!" you laugh.

You arrive at Grey Sloan Memorial and are immediately admitted for check up. You hear two familiar people sprint down the hallway.

"Oh my god me sweet baby!" mom says and hugs me tight and kisses my cheek

"are you okay honey we were so worried about you" dad says

"yeah i guess apart from the fact i was in a fucking plane crash and half my class died" you sarcastically say "i could've died, i haven't even survived high school and i almost died"

"but you didn't and we love you so much" mom says

"hey y/n, we're gonna take you up to CT as soon as possible but we have many people who need it immediately so just rest up and i'll come get you when we're ready" an intern says and you smile. Zola, Bailey and Ellis enter the room and they all have tears in their eyes.

"Am i dead because i've never seen Bailey cry" you joke

"shut up" he sniffles and they all hug you.

"i'm so glad you're okay, i don't know where i would be without my big sister" Zola says

"I love you y/n" Ellis says

"just... please be strong, for all of us" bailey says

—————————-THE NEXT DAY———————-
you're being as productive as you can to distract you from the world around you. from the death, the tests, the trauma. you decide to read your favourite book series, harry potter.

"hey, how you feeling today?" mom asks

"yeah good, i have a bit of a headache though" you say

"okay i'm getting you a head CT" she says

"mom it's fine! there was a lot of noise before from the other doctors and patients, if it gets worse i'll tell you. besides, i'm due for one later!" you reassure

"okay well i'm going to get your blanket and stuff from home and dad's sorting out all the stuff with the school, i'll be as quick as possible but i think your siblings want to stay here" she says and you smile. she kisses your forehead and leaves so you continue your book but your headache gets worse.