unexpected|merder's daughter🦋

"Please leave a message after the tone"
"Josie pick up your phone please, i've been worried sick about you why aren't you in school!" You say into your best friends voicemail. For the last two weeks, she's been MIA. She's not at school, she's not answering your calls and you were starting to get really worried. You parked outside Zola's school and went to pick her up.
"Hey Y/N!" your little sister runs into your arms "How was school?"
"School was good, how was school for you?" you reply
"Great! I got an A for my History project!" You both hop in the car and turn on some music. You finally arrive at Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital and walk inside.
"Hey girls, how was school?" your dad says
"Good." you both say and take a seat in the cafeteria. For the past hour, you've been doing some work while Zola read a book.
"Y/N i'm bored!" Zola complains
"Same. You know what? Why don't we go on a little adventure?" you stand up and hold your hand out
"No! Mom and Dad said we have to stay here!" Zola says
"Mom and Dad are in surgery for another 3 hours. Come on! Just for an hour." you insist. Zola takes your hand and you both go in the elevator. You roam the halls, secretly looking into patients rooms. So far you've seen a girl with a brain tumour, A man with a third degree burn on his leg and some people with broken bones. You both decided to go to the Pediatric floor and try make some kids feel happy.
"Let's go see who's in this room!" Zola says. You look in and your heart drops. It's Josie! You walk into her room, tears running from your eyes
"Josie! What happened? I was so worried about you." you hug your best friend close.
"I need a heart transplant Y/N, I have severe Coronary heart disease. I wanted to tell you but i haven't had time, i'm sorry." she replies, sounding weak and really sick. Zola was just standing there, shocked. You look over at her and say:
"Zozo, I don't think you should be here. I'm gonna take you to the daycare with Bailey and Ellis okay."
"I'm fine Y/N, i don't need to go to the stupid daycare ." your sister insists
"I know you're too old for the daycare but i need to be here with Josie. I won't be long i promise, besides you can help the staff there!" you say and your sister agrees. You take her to the daycare and explain the situation.
"that's perfectly fine Y/N, i hope your friend gets better soon." The lady says and you say goodbye to your siblings. For the next hour, you catch Josie up on the latest gossip and everything feels normal for a while. Suddenly, you see your mom walk in with a chart.
"Mom! Did you know Josie was here?" you ask
"I only found out today, her usual doctor is off sick and i'm just standing in for her. Where's Zola?"
"I took her to Bailey and Ellis, i didn't want her to see Josie like this." you reply
"Okay, anyway Josie i have really good news. A heart is available for you and Dr.Pierce has gone to collect it now!" Your mom says and you hug your bestfriend close. "I've told your parents and they are on their way up now. Your mom leaves the room but you catch up to her.
"Mom... is Josie going to die?" you ask, tears running down your face. Your mom hugs you tightly and says
"I hope not, Y/N, I'm doing everything i can okay. I love you." You go back into her room and you watch FRIENDS together. Josie's parents enter her room.
"Oh hello, Y/N, how comes you're here" Josie's mom asks
"Oh my parents work here, i was here with my sister waiting for their shift to end when i found Josie in here." You reply. Suddenly, you hear Josie's heart rate go up on the monitor. You push the CODE BLUE button and move her bed flat.
"What's happening!" her dad questions
"She's having a heart attack!" you reply. You knew what to do in a situation like this, it was in your blood after all. Your mom comes running in, along with a few interns.
"Y/N what happened?" your mom asks
"She's having a heart attack. I pressed the Code Blue button and put her laying flat but i didn't know what else to do!" you cry.
"Page Cardio now!" your mom demands as an intern does so.
"What's happening to our daughter?" her mom asks
"She needs surgery right now, book an OR now." your mom replies.
You stand in the corner. Helpless. Confused. Scared. Tears are running from your face as your best friend is taken to surgery.
"Josie, please fight. For me." you cry.
You enter the gallery and watch Josie in surgery. You're still in shock at the whole thing. Why did she have to get a heart disease? Why didn't she tell you? You sit there, sobbing when your dad sees you in the gallery.
"Y/N what are you doing here?" your dad asks
"I-It's Josie." you cry. Your dad holds you close.
"You can't be here honey, come on, let's go get a milkshake." your dad walks out with you when you hear her heart rate monitor beeping faster. You run up to the window to see what's happening. Your dad tries to take you out but you just crumble to the floor.
"Time of death: 17:33" Your mom announces and storms out in disappointment.You see your aunt Maggie run in with a heart in a box.
"NOOOO!!! No no no!" you scream. You cry into your dad's arms on the floor. You hear your mom's footsteps enter the gallery.
"Y/N i'm so sorry. We did everything." your mom cries, hugging you.
"She died. My best friend since i was F-Four. She's gone!" you cry.

——————————-AT HOME—————————
You were sat on the sofa, watching videos of you and Josie. Your mom sits next to you and says:
"I'm so sorry Y/N. I feel like i did this, I did everything i could." your mom cries
"Mom, it's not your fault. I don't blame you, of course i don't blame you. I just can't believe that the time she dies is the time her new heart arrived. It just goes to show that every second counts you know." you hug your mom tight and your dad joins.
Even though you lost your best friend, your thankful for your family.

————————-AUTHORS NOTE————————-
hey everyone, thank you so much for all the support with this series!
Hope you're all staying safe🤎
requests are open🦋