priorities| merder's daughter🦋

today was your annual dance recital which you had been working endlessly for since last year. you've been performing in the recitals since you were three but this year was different because you were starring in many numbers and the principal of the Seattle Dance Academy was going to be in the audience. Seattle Dance Academy was your dream studio, it was so hard to get into but this year he was watching your studio's show and you wanted to impress him. you wake up at seven am sharp and go downstairs and stretch. you slide into splits on both legs for a minute each and your parents come downstairs.

"jesus y/n, it's seven in the morning" dad says, half asleep

"if i practice now then i will be ready for the recital and i will nail the dirty dancing lift i do with Adam" you say, stretching your back.

"the dirty dancing lift? you have to fly in the air?" mom asks

"it's fine, i have strong core muscles and Adam is strong, we've practiced loads" you reassure "you're still coming though, right?"

"of course, we wouldn't miss it for the world!" mom says and you smile "how many numbers are you in?"

"most of them to be honest! i'm also performing the dance i choreographed for the 3-6 year olds" you say

"that's amazing honey, our little ballerina all grown up! remember to stay hydrated and don't overdo it" dad advices

"good look today my beautiful baby, we'll see you before you perform!" mom says and gives you a tight squeeze along with your dad. they leave the house with your siblings and you get ready for dance. you get in the shower, shave and wash your hair and body, all ready for the performance. you get changed into your sweatpants, crop top and team jacket. you make sure you have all your shoes, makeup and hair stuff and costumes, then head out of the door. the theatre where you were performing was only a block away so you just walked and arrived there in 5 minutes.

"y/n!" your best friend Sophie calls

"Hey Soph, you ready for the recital" you ask

"yeah! my whole family are coming, are yours?" she asks

"i hope so, they said they wouldn't miss it for the world but their work is really demanding so i don't wanna get my hopes up. it's okay though, i can just video the performance" you sigh and Sophie puts an arm on your shoulder. you both go up to the dressing room and meet the other senior dancers. you take your seat at the dressing table and start to slick your hair back right into two dutch braids. you start to do your make up when the biggest bitch of the team, Olivia, walks in.

"i can't wait to see who gets the scholarship! i think it'll be y/n because well... everything's handed to her on a plate" she bitches

"that isn't true and you know it" Sophie defends

"just like her mom got her job because of her mother" she says. Olivia's mom is head of general at Seattle Pres and she always makes everything a competition with you because your mom's a better surgeon.

"you think my mom rolled up to med school and said that her mothers ellis grey and got her MD handed to her there and then? no, she worked hard to get where she is and if you don't shut the fuck up about my family you'll find yourself flying over the stage and falling flat on your face in the crowd" you threaten and the whole room goes silent. suddenly your phone starts to ring and it's Tucker.

"hey Tuck!" you greet
"hey y/n, i was just calling to wish you good luck today, you'll be amazing as always" he compliments
"aw thank you, you should come! if you want" you say
"yeah i think i will, i wanna see you own the stage!" he laughs
"great! i'll call my dad and see if he can pick you up" you say
"okay, see you soon! break a leg, but not literally" he says
"i'll try not to, bye love you!" you say
"love you more" he says and ends the phone