holding on (daisyxhailey)

(mentions of disappearing)

requested by PotatoPersonUwU1
~

while of course even she has to admit that holding onto the past is never healthy. she finds it hard, weighed down by guilt built by fragments of imagination, longing for the beaming grin that follows her everywhere she struts. but alas, life is an unfortunate thing.

it was a dreaded night hearing the news, she remembers. curled up in the heaps of blankets, not a single trace of warmth in the pile she resided in. it was lonely, only the low sounds of crickets accompanying her from afar. she didn't cry, not a single drop spilt, her heart sank in her chest as tears threatened to pour. nothing came.
~

her footsteps trudged toward school, missing the cheery tone that greeted her.

"good morning hailey!"

she can hear it, but it was just her silly little imagination holding on to memories of the one she loved.

it was as if daisy had vanished into thin air, not a single trace left. she had always heard daisy talking about disappearing, although she never really had any other thought about it. had daisy really been that sad?
~

hailey gazes out the window, hearing a familiar voice.

"it's been a while."

she can almost hear daisy smiling, "it has."

a brush of warmth. a muffled giggle. cheery tone.
it was all too real, it was just her imagination running wild again.
at least that was what she told herself.

"ah." hailey hums, a wave a nostalgic washing over her.

it was the day after the news had been brought up, hailey was left to her thoughts. the way daisy called out her name, the flowers she'd drawn in the margins of notebooks, the glances she used to sneak and that is when it hit her.

she had fallen in love a moment too late.

~