Bandaids (LukexZande)

Bandaids

A lander oneshot requested by AwkwardWritingPotato

~

I wouldn't call myself perfect, quite far from that actually, I've never really accomplished anything commendable in life, I was the background instrument in a vast soundtrack, rarely noticed. I'm not exactly good enough for anyone but the weight of this all needs to leave. So here I am, confessing to my childhood crush. My entire body aches as I tug at the sleeves of my jacket, eyes gazing at anywhere but towards Zander.
"Why'd you want to meet up?" Zander's familiar voice speaks up his glare directed towards me.
Every single tap of Zander's foot and the sound of him adjusting the watch only worsens the unswallowable lump that resides in my throat.
"I-" I stammer, face now burning redder than the pink haired devil's messy locks.
Zander quirks a brow,"Out with it, will you? Jake owes me a sandwich."
I release a shaky breath I never knew I was holding.

"LISTEN I LIKE YOU A LOT OKAY?"
"AND I KNOW I'M NOT PERFECT BUT I NEEDED TO GET THIS OFF OF MY CHEST."
"AND YOU'LL PROBABLY REJECT ME."
"But i just needed to say it aloud....."
Zander looks at me with an unreadable expression, I mean what was expecting anyways. As I stand before Zander, glossy tears begin to spill, stinging my eyes but the pain never matches the feeling of my heart shattering in pieces.
He smiles before chuckling,"You idiot."
"I'm sorry?"
"I.d.i.o.t." Zander spells it out with a warm grin.
Zander makes his way over to me, embracing me in a hug, the subtle smell of grapes lingering in his hair gave me a source of comfort in this mess of a confession.

The purple tipped boy places a bandaid on my cheek, his lilac eyes full of warmth that could lead anyone to pure serenity, "You are perfect and I know bandages won't help you change your mind but in the end sometimes the simplest things can come a long way." He pauses, "And remember the higher you'll fly the harder you'll fall so stop setting yourself up with such high expectations."
Zander places a soft hand on my tear ridden cheek before groaning, "God that probably didn't help at all, I'm terrible at comforting people."
I wipe my cheeks, still sniffling yet overcome with a sense of being in an invisible paradise.
"No."
"Huh?"

"You did a great job."

~