Colours of Fall (JakexZander)

Colours of Fall

"Hey, Zander.." Jake said, his voice weak and soft.
"Yes?" Zander replied, in a slightly worried tone.
"Can you open the curtains, it's so dull in here." Sighed Jake with a small pout.
Zander meekly nodded before standing up, complying to Jake's request, the curtains were opened to reveal shades of reds, browns and oranges.
"Much better, the pale blues and whites we're getting boring." Jake chuckled, a slight smile spreading across his face as he sat upright to watch the warm autumn colours.
"I'm gonna die soon aren't I?" Muttered Jake, bringing down the mood.
"No, there's still hope!" Zander called out to Jake, on the brink of tears.
"Really, the one and only edge lord telling me to be positive." Jake retorted.
"My condition has only gotten worse. I don't want to get my hopes up." Scoffed Jake as he held up his hands to the ceiling.
Zander sighed before sitting back onto the chair that was placed besides Jake's hospital bed.
"But I don't want my final moments to be sad, I want to die with a wide grin spread across my face." Jake chuckled weakly.
The two were just there in a dreamy silence, with Zander barely able to look at Jake.
"Hey hold my hand won't you." Jake requested as he held out a hand to the purple tipped boy.
Zander merely just accepted Jake's request, still not speaking a single word.
"You know, I can see it in your posture and eyes. Just cry, it won't hurt anyone." Jake spoke up with a wide grin plastered on his face.
Zander frowned before erupting into a sob as he rested his face onto the bed, Jake ran his fingers through Zander's hair.
"What will I do when you're gone?" Zander managed to choke out through sobs.
"Well keep on living like you normally do, you dimwit." Jake said, his fingers still running through Zander's hair.
"But I love you...." Zander said, trembling.
"And I love you too, but you don't need me." Stated Jake, turning his attention to Zander's pale purple eyes that were flooded with tears.
"I don't regret going stargazing, making that apple pie and dancing with you." Jake sighed in content.
"It was to be expected anyways." Remarked Jake.
"Hey, what do you call fake pasta? An impasta" Jake snickered, he had always loved trashy puns.
A tender laugh escaped Zander's mouth as he wiped his tear stained cheeks.
"I'll close my eyes for a bit alright." Jake added before shutting his eyes.
Silence filled the room.
Jake's lifeless body laid across the hospital bed with a small grin, the autumn colors filling the room with warm shades of reds and oranges.

"You absolute idiot..."

Colours of Fall