A place further than tomorrow (JakexDaisy)

A jaisy oneshot

~

"Ack hey!"

"Shush! I don't want you to bleed out!"

Daisy furrows her brows in concentration as wraps the crisp bandages around Jake's fresh wound that penetrates his waist, "You're lucky the bullet didn't hit any vital organs." Daisy sighs, packing away the remaining unused bandages.
Jake chuckles weakly, "Yeah, yeah."
The white haired girl smiles softly to herself, placing a warm kiss on Jake's dusted forehead.
"Baby, I am a wreck when I'm without you." Says Jake dreamily, admiring the angel who stood before him.
Daisy lets out a breath of relief, eyeing the hellscape that lies beyond the glass window which built a fragile barrier between their little paradise and the apocalyptic nightmare.
"Do you miss it?" She pauses, "Being able to go outside without being afraid of being torn to bits, no one hearing your agonizing cries for help or even batting an eye...."
"I suppose, but what's with the sudden mood change?"
"Hey, let's dance!" Daisy cuts Jake off.
Jake quirks his brow, "With no music?"
"You'll sing instead silly." She beams, gripping onto Jake's wrists, "I'll go easy considering you haven't exactly recovered from your wound."
Jake lets out a breathy cough, smiling weakly at his lover, "I don't see why not."
He eventually begins to sing in a soothing song, letting his voice act as a sense of comfort for the two.

Daisy clutches onto Jake tightly, letting his heaven of an embrace remain engraved in her mind forever and ever. Although both have seemingly been overcome by a sense of wistfulness and longing for something better, all they wanted was to be lovers in a better world but that dream could only be achieved in another world. Maybe a place further than tomorrow, as this begins, the dreaded sense realization sinks in.
"Jake. Follow me and bring your gun."
"Daisy, what's wrong?"
"Now's not the time for questions."
"Daisy, you can trust me, what's wrong?"
"Just follow me Jake!"

~

Daisy gazes at the burnt sunset view, "Been awhile since we've had a pretty view."
"Daisy, what's wrong?"
"Oh, how could I forget." Daisy directs her view towards Jake's chocolate eyes, "I need you to shoot me."
Jake smirks, "Haha, how funny."
"I'm serious."
Her eyes grow dull and meaningless as she runs a hand through Jake's coral tipped hair, "I'm infected." She places his trembling hand on her cheek, "Pull the trigger."
"I-" Jake stammers, "We c-can find a c-cure!"
At this point his words were spilling like an open sink.
"Now your spewing nonsense." Daisy presses her forehead against Jake's, locking her pale blue eyes with his, pressing the tip of the gun against her forehead as she breaks away from their embrace.
"Just pull the trigger." A ghost of a smile remains on her face, "Don't worry, I won't scream. It'll be over in a second."
"Daisy i-"
"I love you Jake and i'm afraid I won't be able to wish you a good morning anymore."
Jake lets out a shaky breath, "I'm sorry."
"Oh no need to apologize, I've accepted my fate." Daisy smiles tenderly.
"I love you too.."

bang

~