Starry Nights

Starry Nights

(Continuation of Colours of Fall)

Zander buried his face into the crisp white blankets of Jake's hospital bed, trying to form words through vigorous sobs but nothing came out. The door opened to reveal a nurse dressed in dull blues.
"Excuse me sir.." The nurse spoke up.
Zander just nodded as he looked up, revealing his red eyes and tear stained cheeks. The nurse frowned slightly and made her way over to the purple tipped boy.
"Hey, it'll be okay.." The nurse sighed as she pat Zander on the back, as an attempt to calm Zander down.
Zander furrowed his brows. As if patting his back was gonna make Jake come back to life.

- - - -

It's been two weeks ever since Jake's passing and the truth is I didn't want to attend his funeral. It's not that I didn't love him, it's just that I wanted to make his wish come true. Or at least in my eyes. My final memories of Jake will be of him grinning wide and with stars in his eyes, not a cold dead body lying in a casket, surrounded by people who only felt pity for his death. It makes me laugh really, i'll pay him a visit after his funeral and when he's buried, perhaps maybe we could even go stargazing once again. I doubt he'll be able to see through layers of dirt but the thought still counts. I guess falling in love with him wasn't the worst mistake ever. Even if he is an idiot.

two weeks later

"Hey Jake?" I asked the boy I have loved for so long.
"I've always loved the stars, you know why?" I said softly.

"They remind me of your eyes, so bright and full of dreams."

"I wish we could go stargazing once again, but this will have to do." I chuckle to myself weakly as I placed the bouquet on Jake's grave under the pale moonlight.
"You always loved purple roses." I muttered to myself as I walked back home.
I made my way into my lonesome bed, missing the feeling of warmth that Jake had managed to bring everywhere. My eyelids grew heavy as I began to drift into a deep sleep.

where am I?
what am I laying on

"Hey." A voice spoke up, making me open my eyes fully.
"Jake!" I gasped under my breath.
"Yep, you had one last request right?" Jake asked and I nodded in response.

"Let's go stargazing one more time. Alright?"

Starry Nights