boring? (seanxjake)

requested by losertyping
~

"dance with me."

the slow build up of a record player filled up the room, candles gently blowing, lighting the room in shades of gold that danced along with music in the form of shadows.

"how can i say no to you."

"it's simple really. you can't." jake hums, hand interlocking with sean's.

while it wasn't the strongest of grips, it made sean feel loved nonetheless with the loose but gentle grip. pressing his face into the crook of jake's neck, stifling a chuckle. slender fingers placed themselves onto sean's shoulders causing him to look up and meet warm hazel eyes in which tints of honey gold flashed within.

sean mimicked the movement, smiling to himself tenderly as the record player hums classical music while the two begin to dance. they weren't the greatest of dancers, it didn't matter to the two, it was a special moment for the two, a break from the chaos and stress of life. jake's eyes flutter shut, hiding the hazel eyes that sean adores.

"open your eyes." he says, "they're really pretty."

jake chuckles, slowly revealing his eyes that were now practically golden with the light, "i've always thought they were boring."

sean contemplates for a moment, "sometimes boring is good."

"what's that supposed to mean?" jake scoffs, a wittiness to his words.

"life can get hectic, sometimes it's better for something boring. like butter on toast."

"yum."

"you just proved my point further." sean leans in, eyes glinting.

jake smirks, leaning in closer as well, "you're not boring and i'm sickeningly in love with you darling."

"i think otherwise." says sean, removing jake's hands from his shoulders, holding onto them.

jake let's out a chuckle as sean softly rubs the back of his thumb. jake eventually gives in, placing a warm touched kiss to sean's lips before ending with a twirl and a dip.

sometimes boring truly is good.

~