Sunset (HenryxLiam)

A oneshot requested by readerxviewerchan
~
Henry sighed, "How far out are we going?"

"It's about the journey not the destination."

"HHNG. Don't start that up." The green haired male rolled his eyes, "Don't make me puke."
Liam smirked, "But you love that about me."
Henry gave in, "Yeah yeah you're right about that."
This had always been their strange way of flirting. I mean, they were a couple after all. Henry gazed out the window as the low hum of the engine accompanied the dreamy silence that flooded the car. After what seemed like an eternity but was only a simple 10 minutes Liam spoke up, "We're here."
"About time Mr.Slowpoke." Teased Henry, poking his boyfriend's side, causing Liam to wince.
"Hey!" He snapped back, pouting slightly.
"You look cute when you pout like that."
Liam flushed, "You too."
"What?" Henry chuckled, "Still not used to being complimented by your boyfriend I see."
He placed a kiss on Liam's forehead, a dopey grin stained his face. Liam returned an awkward smile, "Let's get the stuff and prepare."
Henry nodded in response before he hopped out of the car and stretched out his arms. They were parked upon a cliff, the city lying beyond, the wind tickling the grass, the sun burnt a passionate orange. It was almost the couple's favourite time of day. Sundown.
"Hey! I need help carrying stuff."
"I'm coming!"
Liam handed two cans of soda to Henry, "Agh! Cold!" Liam didn't bat an eye and continued to shift through bags to find a gleaming bag of chips.
"Aha!" Liam shot the bag of chips a glare, "Where were you hiding."
Henry blinked.
"Liam. That's a bag of chips."
Liam blinked.
"Wait. You're right-"
Henry stifled a laugh, patting Liam on the back in a slightly aggressive manner, "My dear dear Liam. Talking to a bag of chips."
"Don't say that like you haven't done the same." Liam had a devilish smile spread across his face, "Like that one time I caught you singing to a door."
"WHEN DID YOU SEE THAT." Henry flinged his hands around.
Liam directed the subject somewhere else, "The sun's setting!" He slid onto the hood of the car, his honey freckles glowing under the arrangement of colors that were scattered across the sky as he took in the gorgeous sunset.
Henry released a dreamy sigh, admiring his lover's features under the ethereal sunset before sitting beside Liam.
"Do you think math was invented or discovered?"
Liam took in a breath, "I-"
Henry cracked open a can of soda, taking a sip, his gaze not faltering at the sunset.
"I like your freckles. They're very pretty." Noted Henry.
"Thanks." He turned towards Henry, brushing away green bangs with a hand. Liam leaned forward and gently pressed his nose against Henry's. Henry giggled, sticking out a tongue, Liam ruffled Henry's mess of green hair as his attention returned to the sunset.
It was perfect.

~