Chapter 38: Clock is Ticking

Emma's POV
"I can't fix it." Diego concluded.

"Well, try harder!" Maddie complained in a loud tone.

He pushed as much power as he could to revive time but still couldn't do it. Was that it? That can't be it. The last living Kanay froze the whole world and doesn't know how to fix it. Who am I kidding?

"Well, that's just great." Andi stated, "The Council's gonna come here any second putting their blaming fingers on us."

Diego replied, "I'm sorry!"

Minutes have passed until... wait... what am I saying? Minutes have passed? TIME IS FROZEN! Well, let's just say a few moments later, Adam caught up with an idea.

He suggested, "Why don't you try shooting time fireballs? You shot time freezeballs a while ago."

"What? No! It doesn't work that way," Diego replied, "I froze time 'cause I was so stressed."

"Then that means you're still stressed right now because time is still frozen." Jax said.

"What are you saying?" Diego asked.

"He's saying that all you need to do is calm down and shoot those time fireballs Adam was talking about." I stated.

We all headed to the beach front and tried to calm him down. He layed on a beach chair while Maddie, Sophie, Andi, and I fan him and Katie massages his shoulders.

"Isn't this fun?" he bragged.

"This better work or my fist will be all over him." Andi whispered.

After we were done, he stood up, took a deep breath, and shot out time fireballs. And glad to say, it worked. Everything is back to normal... or not. I turned around to see Jax and Andi lying on the sand looking lifeless. We ran to them trying to help them and thank goodness they're okay.

"Jax, you're okay!" I said and hugged him. Shortly after, he shoved me off.

"Who are you? What am I doing here?" he asked, "What are you guys doing to me? Where am I?"

"Stop your pranks, Jax. I'm not falling for it."

"What are you talking about?" he said.

What is he doing? No, this can't be. He lost all his memory. To make matters worse, so did Andi. Reviving time must've cost them their memories. Oh no, that makes me petrified. On the positive side, they know how to talk. They still looked quite pale so we took them to the lounge and left them there to rest.

"Emma, Luke, I'm sorry if this was my fault." Diego apologized.

"It's fine." I said before leaving the room.

When they all left, I secretly went back inside to talk to both of them. First off, Andi.

"Hey, are you feeling well?" I told her.

"Not much, thanks for asking... whoever you are." she replied.

"You really don't remember me, Andi?" I asked.

"You seem like a nice person but no, I don't remember a thing." she replied, "Since you mentioned it, I think my name is Andi."

Then I moved to Jax.

"Hey Jax, feeling better?" I asked.

"Just a little. Thanks for asking." he replied, "What's your name again?"

"I'm Emma, but you call me Em most of the time."

"Sure, but not that I remember."

I layed my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"I wish you could so you would know who I really am to you."

"Same here." he said as he put his arm around me.

"Even if you lost your memory, promise me you won't forget me." I muttered.

He promised, "Believe me, I can't and I won't."
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you think Jax and Andi's memories are really swept away or are they playing a prank? Find out in the next chappie.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the delay of publishing chapters. I've been working on a EWW Season 4 fanfiction so you might want to check that out.

Anyways, you guys might get tired of me saying this over and over again but THANK YOU SO MUCH for the views and votes. The book has around 45K reads already and I find it insanely grateful to have readers like you. Thank you so much for the support.

Also, you might ask, "Why is E [Evil Emma] trying to steal the Chosen One's powers if she is also the Chosen One?". Well, her powers faded away after the Fool Moon and want to reclaim all of them, including Original Emma's.