Chapter 14: Matt Griffin

"Everybody wanna steal my girl, Everybody wanna take her heart away. Couple billion in the whole wide world. Find another one 'cause she belongs with me."
- One Direction in Steal My Girl

Matt's POV

I stalkishly followed Jax and Emma to see what they're up to until I saw them tele-transporting. Her boyfriend is a wizard, I should've guessed. Well that won't get out of my way. Emma might not remember me being her second grade friend because I got a new makeover and personality but whatever, they wouldn't know either that I was the shadow walking in the sea last night.

(A/N: Mystery Character is revealed to be Matt Griffin.)

Emma's POV

For some reason, Jax keeps talking about Matt even if I clearly said we were just 'new friends'. Its summer, senior year is coming up next year. For college, I'm not sure if I'm transferring to School of Witches and Wizards or not. I don't even know if my dad will understand and allow me to. Jax isn't sure of his decision either. How will I even tell my dad? Anyways, that's still a year later. I still have plenty of time in my hands. We got back to the beachhouse.

I sat on the bed reading a book. Jax went somewhere, I'm not sure where though. Moments later, someone magically poofed into the room, a man in a black hoodie, freaking me out! "AHHH!" I screamed. "Chill out, Emma. Its me, Matt. We're not playing Five Nights at Freddy's so don't act like I'm Foxy or Freddy." He said. It was Matt.

Wait, Matt is a wizard?

"You're-" I asked but i was cut off by him knowing he'd know my question. "A wizard? Yeah. Like your boyfriend?" He asked. "What are you talking about?" I said. "Well, I saw you and your boyfriend teletransport on your way here. I came here to return your phone by the way." He said, handing my phone. I can't believe I left it at his house, I can't even believe I didn't notice I lost it. "Thanks." I said. "Now ask your boyfriend who the Chosen One of all witches and wizards is." he demanded. "I'm standing right here." I said. His face looked confused, I guess he didn't get it fast.

"I'm the Chosen One." I said. I chuckled and said, "Prove it." he said. I lifted my feet and tilted it a little to let him see the star-shaped birthmark. I also called on the Hex.

"Y... you're the Chosen One? Oh my god, you can open the entrance to the council, right?" He asked. "Yeah, why?" I replied. "Look, Emma, I know we just met and all but I beg you, can you please help my sister retrieve her powers back from the council. Its unlike the others, its looks like a bottle full of red colored gas. Come on, let's steal it back." He said. "No." I demanded. "No one is stealing anything back." Agamemnon said, pointing his fingers at Matt.

"AGAMEMNON?!" Matt shouted.