Chapter 20: Missing Jax

Andi's POV
I wanted to talk to Jax ASAP but when I barged into Emma's room, no one was there. I looked out the window and saw Emma chasing two men dragging Jax away. I followed them. We stopped running across the road as we saw them teletransport away. "Try a to cast a spell so we'd get near where they teleported to." She said. "Why me?" I asked. "Just do it. You wanna practice casting spells, right?" She said. "Ugh, fine." I said. I attempted to cast a spell but nothing happened. Emma tried to cast a spell to appear near Jax's location but nothing happened too. "Weird." we said in unison.

"Ugh, once we find that shady wizard, I'm gonna get him for those insults." I said. "What insults?" She asked. "The ones he sent me about an hour ago." I said. "I... I don't think that was him." She said, biting her lip. "Why?" I asked. "I was walking home with him that time. Plus, when we got home, he realized his phone wasn't with him. Before he even ran away looking for it, the message was sent." She said.

"It sounded like something he would do." I said. "I really doubt its a prank." Emma said, defending Jax. "Pshh, you're only defending him because he's your boyfriend." I said, rolling my eyes. "That's not the reason. Plus, I was the only one he was with all morning. That sorta counts me as a witness." She said. "Okay, fine. Wait, hold up. If it wasn't Jax who sent the message, who could've stole it and done it?" I asked. "I don't know." She said.

"Tommorow, we have another swim meet against the Dolphins. If our team is incomplete, we're disqualified." I said. "Can someone just temporarily take Jax's spot?" She asked. "I guess." I said. "I'll swim at the competition tommorow then." Luke said, appearing out of nowhere. Me and Emma jumped out of surprise.

"What are you doing here?!" Emma asked. "Chill out, I was wondering why you girls were out far too long. What's happening?" he said. "See, I think Jax wasn't the one who sent the messages. We were walking home and when we did, he realized he lost his phone. Before he even ran out, the text message already appeared." she said, "Then when I went to my room because I heard him call me after the Youngs came, I saw him being dragged out by two men wearing black masks and suits. Me and Andi were chasing them but they teleported out of here." Emma said.

"You know how to swim?" I asked. "Duh." Luke and Emma said in unison. "Okay, now we'll just ask Coach Julio." I said. "No problem, you have his number?" She asked me. "I forgot it. Ask Daniel then, his house is right there." I said.

Emma's POV
*knocks on Daniel's door*

"Oh, what do you want?" Daniel said, groaning on the door. To be honest, I don't like this side of Daniel. "I was just wondering if you have Coach Julio's number?" I asked. "What for?" He asked. "Private matters." I said. He wrote numbers on a small yellow sticky note and passed it to me. I looked at it for a while. "This is YOUR number." I said. He was just laughing. "Ugh, never mind." I said, walking out the door. I heard him call me again but I just ignored him.

What happened to the nice Daniel I knew?

???'s POV
Me and my partner were successful at kidnapping Jax and ruining his reputation. Step one, complete. Now for step two. Get ready, boys.

*next day*

Emma's POV
Its already Saturday. Jax hasn't been found since yesterday. I'm starting to get worried now. He won't answer his phone, I can't cast spells to teletransport to wherever he is, I can't even summon him. Where could he be?

Jax's POV
I was stuck in a room. Walls were plain grey, the door was locked. My spells don't even work on the locked door. I tried to cast a spell again.

"Stop trying, you'll never get that door open. Long time, no see, Jax." a man in the shadows said with a deep voice. "Who are you?! Get me out of here! HHEEELLLLPPP!!!" I shouted. "There's no use yelling. The walls of this room are soundproof." he said. "Who are you?!" I yelled once again. He stepped out of the shadows. Is he who I think he is?!

"Hello, son." he said.