Chapter 29

Sorry there's no CC or SoTC yet. I'll add it on Chap. 30 onwards. TY and keep reading! ~2SecretReaders
--------------------------------------------------
Luke's POV
Heather was with Daniel! We followed her inside as I recited the reversal spell to turn us back to normal. "AH!" she screamed. "What's with all the noise?" Adam asked as he was about to drink orange juice from our fridge. "Why was Daniel here?" Jax asked her. "Are you with Daniel?!" Andi shouted in shock. Adam was so surprised that he unexpectedly spit all of the orange juice he was drinking. "Eww, no. He just came to drop the news on you guys." she replied. She's trying to change the topic, isn't she. "Uh huh. What news?" Emma sarcastically said. "You guys were about to lean in and... you know what comes next." I told her. "First of all, he was the one leaning in. I was the one leaning out as far as I can from that guy. Second, he dropped the news that he's leaving Miami and moving to LA in tomorrow. He's quite annoying though." she replied. "Get used to it." We all said.

Adam's POV
*next night*

The doorbell rung. No one was answering so I did. I figured it was the guy here last night. "Who are you?" I asked. "Daniel, I live across the street. Who are you?" he asked. "Adam, I live here." I replied. His facial emotions were mixed with shock and confusion. "Emma and Heather doesn't live here anymore?" he asked. "They still do, duh. I'm Emma's cousin, Heather's sister. Who you looking for? Heather or Em?" I asked. "Em. Where is she?" he replied. I looked around to see if anyone was here. "I wouldn't call her right now if I were you. Especially the fact that she's with Jax right now and you know... you kinda don't like him and he hates you." I told him. "Fine." he muttered as he walked away.

Minutes later, the doorbell rung once more. I ignored it guessing it was him again. It rung two or three times before I stood up from my bed to answer it. Before I got to the living room, I shouted, "Get out, Daniel!". When I opened it, it wasn't him, it was Lily, Emma's guardian. "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were Daniel." I told her. "It's fine, Luke. Now can you tell me where Emma is, I need to talk to her." she replied. "I'm Adam, not Luke. Oh, and she's in her room with Jax. They're probably asleep right now." I said. "Oh, okay then. Tell her I'll talk to her tommorow." she said. I shut the door and looked at a mirror. Why did she even call me Luke? We're cousins but we don't look alike.

Daniel's POV
Since her cousin won't let me in, I peeked through her window. She was asleep but Jax was still awake. I saw him put a blanket around her and then drifted off to sleep. The window was closed and I couldn't get in so I called her up. Her phone rang so loud that I could hear it from outside. I only expected Em to be woken up but so did Jax, Luke, and Andi. I figured she was with Luke, too. "You woke me up, Em!" I heard Andi say. She found her phone and had an annoyed look when she figured out the caller was me. I even heard Jax and Andi groan when they found out it was me. They all drifted back to sleep except Em, who finally answered my call.

"Hello?" she said.
"Hey Em, I need to talk to you." I replied.
"About what? My cousin, Heather?" she asked.
"No. Just go outside, I'm right there." I told her.
"You know you woke me up right? It's like 1AM already."
"Yah, I-"
"And it wasn't just me. You also woke up Luke, Andi, and-"
"Jax. Yeah, Jax. Don't bring him outside."
"Why not?"
"He's asleep already and I wanted to talk to you in private."
"How do you know?"
"I'm right outside your window."
"Stalker much?"
"Just get out here."
"Fine."

I dropped the call and she managed to get the windows open but she didn't want to get out or let me get in. "What now?" she said in an annoyed tone. "I just wanted to say goodbye. In a few minutes, we'll be moving to LA." I told her. "What for?" she asked. At least she still cares about stuff. I thought she's turning into Jax, that jerk who apparently doesn't care about anything at all. Thank God, we're finally getting away from witches. She looked at me in shock. "I can't believe you just said that." she said. Shoot, I said everything out loud. "Yes, you did." she said.

I can tell from the way she's looking at me, she's mad.

"I thought you and Jax were like... you know... friends already. Did you ever get over the fight yet? He's cool with you now. I guess you're the exact opposite." she said. "I didn't mean it." I replied. "And you said that you're happy you're finally getting away from me, Andi, Jax, Luke, and Maddie." she said. "I said witches." I said in defense. "Same thing." she replied. "Andi isn't a witch." I told her. "That's what you know. It's been weeks eversince she turned into a witch."

A moment of (awkward) silence passed.

She was about to close the windows but I stopped her. "Em, please. I just came here to say goodbye. Mainly to apologize for everything in the past." I told her. "Daniel, that's not what happened." she said. "Em..." I heard someone quietly say. I'm guessing that someone is Jax. She looked at him and then me. "Look, I'm-" I said before I was cut off by her words. "Leaving? Great!" she sarcastically said. "Fine. I'm sorry for everything in the past and I hope we can start over anytime soon." I told her. "Good." she said before she shut the windows closed.

Little did they know, I was still peeking through the window. Jax put his arm around her and they drifted off to sleep. Until now, I'm still kinda jealous of him and we still have this rivalry between us.

I went home and lied down on the couch. Nearly everything was packed up so I had nothing else to do. My mom approached me. "What's with the sad face?" she asked. "I tried to apologize to Emma but I wrecked it." I told her. She looked confused. "Full story, please." she said. "On my first attempt, I didn't get to talk to her because her cousin won't let me in. On my second attempt, it went out pretty badly. I accidentally spit out every word I said in my head and messed up." I said. "Messed up? How?" she asked. "I accidentally said what was in my head. I insulted Jax and said I was glad I'm going away from them." I said. "Daniel, it's okay. Maybe you'll find more girls in LA considering your next big opportunity." she said. I looked at her. "Maybe you're right." I told her. "Good. Now help me and your dad carry these boxes out." she said.

Emma's POV
I can't believe what Daniel just said. "Everything alright?" Jax asked. "Yeah." I replied. I went back to my bed and drifted off to sleep. I felt Jax hug me and said goodnight. As I looked out the window, I saw a jealous Daniel peeking and then ran away. Wonder what it's like to not have Daniel around?