Chapter 33: New Homes

Matt's POV
Now that Daniel's gone, the house next door is empty. Mr. Novoa, E, and I planned to shapeshift into these new people who become their friends. E shapeshifted to "my sister" and I shapeshifted into this "good guy" and pretended to move next door.

Emma's POV
While Andi and I were walking home, we saw this new guy across the road, moving in. "Isn't that Daniel's former house?" Andi asked. We moved closer to him until he talked to us.

"Hey guys!" he greeted. He dropped the box he was carrying and moved closer to us. "I'm Axel, Axel Velez. Nice to meet you." he said while shaking our hand. "I'm Andi and this is Emma." Andi said. We noticed two other people with him. The girl approached us. "I'm Emma Amaya Velez, but you can call me Amaya." she said. Andi let a short laugh out while Tori looked offended. "That's my dad at the back, Andy Velez. We're new here. We came from... uh..." she stuttered. "New Orleans." Axel said. "Nice to meet you. I'm Emma and she's Andi." I said. Even she was weirded out.

We helped them move their things until I saw the glowing Hexoren. I nudged Andi and pointed at it. "The Hex!" she shouted. I made a quiet facepalm at her for making Axel and Amaya hear her shout. Axel ran to us and grabbed the Hex. "Why'd you have that?" Andi asked. "Why'd you know about it?" Amaya said. "You're witches, too!" he accused. He said 'too' which means he's a wizard and she's a witch.

Axel said, "Let these creatures disappear, get them up and out of here!" then clenched his fist which made us land in the middle of the road near the Seven when Jax almost hit us with his bike. He got out of it and helped us up.

"Gosh, you have to be more careful next time." he said as he pulled me up. "Thanks, Jax." I said and hugged him. Andi made a short cough signaling she's still there and I let go. "Come on, I'll get you girls a ride home." he said.

We first dropped Andi off at her house then we headed to mine. On our way, another motorbike hit the one we were riding on which made him fall unconscious. "Jax!" I shouted. No one was around us to help except the rider on the other motorbike. "Emma, I'm so sorry." the rider said. His voice sounded familiar. A little TOO familiar. He took off his helmet and look who it was; Daniel.