Chapter 42: The Valentine's Masquerade Party

SoTC: I Want It All - Karmin
"My world is divided without you, it won't be the same, can't take it."

It's a beautiful Valentine's Day morning. Every Iridiumite recieved this text blast from Miss Information:
This is Miss Information with a breaking news report. Rumor has it that teen sensation Iridiumite Daniel Miller is back in Miami. Also, tonight we will have a special Valentine's Day prom. Bring your dates and get ready for the juicy drama.

This is Miss Information, signing off.

Daniel's POV
After Gigi sent the text blast to everyone, my phone is flooded with girls asking me out to prom. It's quite flattering yet annoying as well. I planned to visit Emma's after yesterday's run-off, hoping that she gives me a chance to the dance. My plan might be quite cheesy but it would work out perfectly. I call her that I'll come over and start planning.

Jax's POV
Emma really missed me. The last thing I knew, it was still summer, now it's February? We had a long conversation, only to be interrupted by a Miss Information text blast. After taking a peek at it, we immediately paired to go together to the dance. I'm pretty sure Daniel is over her, right? (Wrong.)

I told her, "How about I'll pick you up at 7? We'll go together."

"Sure. Hold on, I'll just cook you breakfast to eat."

"Aww, thanks." I said and gave her a peck on the cheek. And right about just when she left, her phone rang. She left her phone on my bed. I peeked at it and figured that the caller was Daniel. As much as I want to ignore it, I answered it instead just to figure out what he's up to.

"Hey Em, did you get the text blast that Gigi sent?" he asked. Before he could find out he wasn't talking to the real Emma, I cast a spell to imitate Emma's voice.

"Yeah, yeah. What about it?" I answered, still imitating Emma's voice.

"Well, it's been long since I left and- you know- we got together. So I just wanna take this one final opportunity to ask you: Will you go out with me to the dance?" he asked. Anger boiled inside me. I have to admit I'm not very good at controlling my temper, especially for this Miller wimp.

I reversed the spell so I could regain my normal voice in an instance and replied to him, "No she won't because she's coming with me."

"Jax!" he shouted.

"Yep, it's me. Have you ever gotten over her?" I replied and afterwards, dropped the call, a bit-second before Emma bursts into the door and brings in our breakfast meals. Breakfast in bed.

Amaya's POV
Oh, so there's a party tonight. Masquerade prom, to be specific. Well, it's going to be pretty dim there and it's my chance to have at least a short moment with Jax. To spice things up, I am the exact copy of Emma in the looks.

(Time lapse to 6:30PM)

Emma's POV
I took a look at the watch and realized Jax would be coming over in half an hour. I quickly wore a simple dark blue dress with a thin brown belt and blue flats and waited for Jax to pick me up in a few minutes.

Andi's POV
I started to dress up for the Valentine's Masquerade Party tonight. I know I don't dress up all girly sometimes- uhm... correction: most of the time, but I'll make an effort for Luke and for our first Valentine's dance together. I tied my hair up into a bun, put on a black skater skirt and some black converse shoes, for my personal touch.

Maddie's POV
I prepared for the Valentine's Masquerade Party tonight. The Panthers and I visited the salon & went shopping all day and the party starts in an hour. Oh my Panther, we have to hurry. I wore a little bit simpler this time, for my Proxy. My hair was curled a bit this afternoon when we visited the salon and I put on a simple blue dress and added on some blue flats.

Just then, I felt bad for Sophie. She really misses Beau, her former lizard boyfriend. I said lizard, not wizard. She sat at the edge of my bed, trying her best to hide her sadness.

I chanted a spell, "This spell might go wrong, I fear, so send Beau, the lizard, to appear right here."

And topped it off with another spell, "Before his condition will worsen, turn this lizard into a real person."

Afterwards, Beau appeared. I could see the happiness in her eyes.