Chapter 40: Remember Me? [A Valentine's Day Special]

[Creds to @DefiningDestiny on Twitter for the pic attached to this chap.]

"Remember me for centuries." - Centuries, Fall Out Boy
"Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories." - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, Fall Out Boy

Next day...
(February 13, 9:18AM)
Jax's POV
This pretty girl named Emma helped me remember everything. Okay, maybe not everything. Some things. She said I lost my memory of everything and explained everything, but she never explained herself or myself that much. I feel like she's hiding something. I opened my phone and saw photos of us having a good time at the park, at school, near this portal?

Emma's POV
It's Valentine's Day tommorow and Jax still doesn't remember me. When I woke up from his house, he was still sleeping but I went back to my house since Luke called me over. I'm just as heartbroken as he is. Diego is planning to take Maddie on a date, Heather apparently got the nerve to ask Axel out, and Gigi said that he saw Daniel near Axel's house just yesterday. Then someone knocked on the door and when I answered it, Lily appeared.

"Oh, hey Lily!" I greeted.

"Emma, is Jax or Andi feeling better?" she asked.

"A bit. The fever and headaches were cured, just not their memory." I answered.

"Well, I have good news and bad news." she said. The good news sounds great but the bad news sounds not great.

"Good news is that they'll start to gather up their memory as long as you don't pressure them. They'll remember themselves in no time. " she announced, "Bad news is that there's a chance that they won't remember everything. Not a single spell would work, it would only make it worse."

She reminded, "Oh, and remember to stay close to them. Anyone can mess their memory up so until their amnesia is cured, you need to take care of them."

Wow, what a great Friday the 13th (sarcasm intended).

Daniel's POV
After I saw Nurse Lily come out of Emma's house, I knocked on her door and she answered the door holding a cup of tea.

"Hey Em! Can I come in?"

"Oh, Daniel. Sure, come in."

"Since when did you come back?"

"Only yesterday." I answered, "I have a more important question: Since when was your evil clone back?"

"She left a few weeks ago with-"

"No, she wasn't. I just saw her yesterday as the new girl on our former house. She shapeshifted into Amaya. I think she IS Amaya." Just when I said that, she dropped her cup of tea with a shock all over her face.

"I have to get Jax and Andi." she said as she rushed out the door.

"What for? and where are they anyway?" I asked.

"They're at the beachhouse and you do NOT want to know what happened to them." she answered and shut the door on me. I sat down on the couch feeling lonely. It's been months since Em and I saw each other and she's wasting her time with Jax, of course. Did she not hear the songs I wrote for her? It was even on the radio. I was supposed to ask her out to the Iridium High Valentine's Day dance. It would be nearly impossible for her not to hear Impossible and Always You. I went back to our new house slightly near the beach front, Jax's beachhouse, and The Beachside 7 Diego keeps telling me about.

(Time lapse to Friday, 10:25PM)
Emma's POV
Since the Council told us so, Luke and I were really protective of Andi and Jax because why not? If E messes his brain up, it's game over for all of us. He was [adorably] fast asleep so I slept as well.

(Time lapse to Saturday, 9:00AM)
Jax's POV
When I woke up, I took a peek at my phone and it said Valentine's Day. I also had • • • greetings from Diego Rueda, Daniel Miller [who is this guy?], and Maddie van Pelt saying, "Happy Valentine's Day to you and Em! ❤️"
• and a Miss Information alert saying, "Happy Valentine's Day to the school's top 3 power couples: [3] Luke and Andi #Landi, [2] Diego and Maddie #Miego, and [1] Jax and Emma #Jemma."

Then it kept going on and on in my head; "[1] Jax and Emma, #Jemma."

Emma's POV
When I woke up, Jax was right beside me and had a smile upon his face while he was looking at his phone. Quite unusual for a memory-wiped, messed-up Jax.

"Jax?"

"Emma, you're awake. Happy Valentine's Day!" he greeted. He remembered. Am I dreaming? I wanted to slap myself just to make sure I was awake but I would look like an idiot in front of him if I did.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" I greeted back, "You remembered?"

Then he answered, "A phone notification reminded me." Okay, way to wreck the moment, Jax.

(A/N: Wait! 😂 Just when Emma thought he remembered Valentine's Day, he said that his phone notifications reminded him. What a wrecked moment. 😂😂😂)

Then he held on my cheek and kissed me. I put my hands around his neck as we did. And once he pulled away, he passed out for a second but recovered in a jiffy.

Jax's POV
When I found out she woke up already, I greeted her, "Happy Valentines Day!"

"Happy Valentine's Day!" she greeted back, "You remembered?"

Then I answered, "A phone notification reminded me." Wait, why did I just say that? I definitely wrecked the moment for her. Ugh, I wanted to slap myself but I would look like an idiot in front of her if I did.

Then it happened.

I held on her cheek and kissed her. She put her hands around my neck as we did. And once we pulled away, I felt a sudden lightning hit my head. But when it did, I remembered everything.

Emma's POV
He scratched the back of his head after he passed out and said, "Em?".

H-what? Did he just say Em? He never calls me that when he has amnesia. Okay, I just really want to slap myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, especially after Friday the 13th, even if I'll look like an idiot. And as I did, he asked, "Are you sure you're okay? What happened?"

"You remember everything?"

"Yeah, except why am I here? The last thing I saw was Diego shooting time fireballs and BAM, I end up here."

"You're back!" I shouted happily and I hugged him in relief that he's back to normal.

"What happened?" he asked.

"You lost your memory the past few days." I said, "You're back and that's all that matters."

"What day is it?" he asked.

"Feb 14. Valentine's Day." I answered.

"But I didn't get to set up my surprise for you yet." he said. Awww, he planned to surprise me, that's the sweet Jax I know.

"You're back and that's all that matters." I said before we hugged each other.

"Happy Valentine's Day, love." he said.

----------
SO MUCH JEMMA FEELS! Okay, my fangirling is too... ugh... Jemma is just perfection. ❤️

Okay, I have a huge message. Thank you guys very much for such support you're giving by just reading this book. It means a lot, really. Even for the followers, you guys are the best. Friday the 13th didn't really give me bad luck, it's good luck actually: Same Heart (this book) reached 50K reads and I reached 100 followers last friday. Ah-ma-zingg. You guys are seriously the best. Thank you so much!

Oh, I'm sorry if my song quotes are full of 1D, 5SOS, P!ATD, or FOB (like the one on the top of this chappie: Centuries and Thnks fr th Mmrs. BTW, I purposely put Thnks fr th Mmrs so don't say it's wrong spelling because it's the official song name.

And I'm sorry to keep you waiting on the chapters. I have to balance on all my Wattpad books and school studies so I put some of my books on hiatus temporarily (The Forbidden Mystery + Always By Your Side).

Until next time. See ya!