Day Extra - Dad Phoned Home

This Chapter takes place before Day 16

It is a normal weekday at Firebird Corporation, as (M/n) is busy with a big task she's working on. While her status as the Vice President is daunting, most of her work is simply assisting the President on whatever task he's working on. However, today is one of the rare days where the President is having an outside work, leaving her to work on his task on his stead, which for her, is a pain.

"If only he's not having a work on Hawaii... this job is a pain." She mumbled. Just then, one of the assistant is entering her office, holding a phone.

"Miss (L/n)? Sorry to interrupt your work, but your husband is calling you." She said,

"Husband?" (M/n) mumbled, then she accepts the phone and cover the speaker, "Please work on these for me while I'm on the call."

"Understood." The two traded places with (M/n) goes exiting the office, before placing the phone near her ear.

"(F/n)?" She started,

"Heya, sweetie! It's been a while." The caller responded, which (M/n) snorts,

"Don't you 'Heya, sweetie' on me, buster. Your number is always changing that I don't think it's worth finding the right one."

"Sorry there... You know that working across the globe make me do some compromises." He apologized,

"At least just tell me whenever you're going to change your number. Anyway, what brings you to call me in the middle of rush hour?"

"Just wanting to check on you and (Y/n). Speaking on him, how is he?" (M/n) thought for a bit for thinking of lying about his whereabouts, but she goes against it instead.

"If I told you that he got transferred to another country, will you go find him then?"

"He got transferred to another country?!" (M/n) reeled her hand quickly by his outburst, before putting it back.

"Did I stutter?"

"Since when?! I thought he's still at his old school finishing up his studies."

"Believe it or not, he got recommended there, so he took the offer and moved a week later."

"Then how about his accommodation? And his money? And his-"

"Don't be such a worrywart. They got them covered, and even more so that he's having a fun time there now that he has a new family and all..." She mumbled at the last part, which he didn't caught that. He then changes subject.

"... Which country does he live right now?"

"(Country/n)."

"Wait, that's my next workplace for next month!"

"Well what a coincidence, then. I'm sure you'll find him there."

"If you say so. Honestly, it's kind of a big deal of our son going to another country like that."

"And I accept and support that reality regardless. Now then, I have to go now. My work is never done anyways."

"Right. Sorry for interrupting your work." At this point, (M/n) soften herself a bit before continuing.

"It's no problem, dear. When you get there, please say hi to (Y/n) for me."

"Will do. See ya." The call ends with (M/n) sighing while going back inside the office, only to see her assistant being buried under a pile of paperwork, which she chuckles a bit.

"Move aside, Ferry. I'm taking the work now."

"N-no need, ma'am! I can sort all of this." Her assistant replied. (M/n) chuckles again before going inside the paperwork to help her out.

'Maybe I should go visit him as well. Hopefully there'll be no big task next month.' She thought, 'I wonder how he is right now...

(A little bit of interlude before entering the next part of this story. As always, I hope you guys enjoyed, and Peace Out~)