Day 20 - Importance Lost

After passing through Gorgon's Domain, our heroes have visited many towns on their way to the Capital, with some of them were given a chance to sightsee for a bit before leaving. Now, nighttime has arrived, and they are resting near a town, where they will have a dinner together before resting for tonight.

Meanwhile, at the Church,

"Damn it!" Melt curses as the news of Kingprotea's defeat was heard. "I knew I should've get there instead. That's it, I'm going!" She then storms towards the exit. However...

"Wait!" She turns around to see Passionlip closing on her. "T-take me with you!"

"Eh?" Melt does a double-take after hearing Passionlip's surprise request. "What happened to your 'following your superior' attitude?"

"I... don't want to stay waiting anymore..." Passionlip said, looking at her comrade with a pleading look. Melt then sighs before gesturing her to follow along.

"Fine. You better not hinder my plans..."

"I won't!" As the two leaves the church, unknown to them however, the Saintess has been watching in the shadows. Something to note however, is that her usual light purple eyes is replaced with red eyes for a brief moment.

"Those fools..." She said with a distorted voice before going somewhere else. "I guess I have to do it myself."

Back to our Main Characters, King Crimson-ed to Morning time,

After the hearty dinner and blissful sleep, our heroes continues their way to the Capital, with (Y/n) dozing off while looking outside, feeling bored.

"Feeling bored, (Y/n)-kun?" Pecorine suddenly asked, snapping him out of his doze.

"Kinda, it'll take a while until we reach the Capital anyway." He said, still feeling bored. Pecorine then thinks of an idea to pass the time.

"I know a quick game we can play. How about I spy?" She suggested,

"We're in a forest, so..." (Y/n) rejects, reminding her that they're in a forest right now.

"How about rock, paper, scissors?" She then suggests another one, but...

"It'll get boring after a while." ... gets rejected again.

"Hmm..." She goes into a deep thinking, before an idea pops in her head. "Oh, I know!" She then lifts him up and swiftly lays him on her lap, much to his surprise. "How about we talk about ourselves? I'm kind of curious about your world."

(Y/n) can only sighs and just smiles at her. "Guess that works. I also want to know about you, miss."

"Great! You go first." Pecorine then starts rubbing his head as (Y/n) begins to do a recap.

"Ehm, well..."

One long recap of Prologue to Day 16 later, featuring couple of nods and other reactions by Pecorine,

"... And then you found me falling from the sky... and that's how we are right now." (Y/n) has just finished recapping his story.

"... Well that's a lot to take in..." Pecorine concluded, "But it's great to know that your family and friends really cares for you. It... really reminds me of my own..." She said as she sadly reminded of herself.

"I guess it's your turn then." (Y/n) holds her hand in comfort, assuring her. "It's alright if you don't want to talk about the heavy stuff."

"Thanks. I don't want this road trip ended up being a downer anyway." She sighs before starting.

Pecorine's POV, Flashback,

I was just a normal girl back then. Being normal has it perks, especially when my parents ended up letting me go adventuring so I can learn more about Ast- I mean Ferunia. During my adventure, I learned cooking, swordfighting, scavenging, and more! But the best part about my adventure is when I meet my friends for the first time. The kitty demi-human who is good at magic, the elf demi-human who always support us, and the person who acts as our leader and trump card... which you reminded me so much of him. Together, we formed a guild for ourselves with the goal of discovering new cuisines for us to try, which is fun by the way~