Day 6-1 - Pancakes with a side of Adoption

Morning has arrived, and as usual (Y/n)'s alarm blared off, unleashing the sound of BFG Division on max volume. Of course our protagonist jumps in surprise, and quickly turning off the alarm. Now half awake, he slowly walk to the bathroom to splash some water on his face, after which he goes to his room to grab his uniform. But...

"Wait, I don't want to go to school today." He remembered, "Well... I should take a shower though," And he do just that. After a quick shower and wearing his casuals, he goes downstairs and see Scarlet and Alice eating pancakes.

"Huh, it's pancake morning apparently." He said, and the two noticed,

"Good morning, (Y/n)-kun~" Scarlet greeted,

"Good morning, papa!" Alice joined,

"Morning, you two." (Y/n) greeted back, 'I'm still uncomfortable of being called Papa though...'

"Your pancake is over there~" Scarlet gestured at the stack of pancakes on the other side of the table, "Alice helped out, y'know. She's basically a little chef~"

"Mhm!" Alice beams in joy, confirming Scarlet's claim.

"Huh, if that's the case, I'm proud of you." (Y/n) pats her head and takes his pancakes and a bottle of syrup. Once he sits, he starts to have his breakfast, but...

*knock knock knock*

"A guest this early? Who could it be?" Scarlet questioned, (Y/n) then remembers something from the last chapter,

"Lemme check." He then goes to the front door and opens it, revealing Tsukasa wearing a casual outfit. "M-miss Tsukasa, hiya!"

"Don't be alarmed. I'm not on duty today, but I have to inform you something. May I come in?"

"S-sure, come in." Tsukasa goes in and sees Scarlet and the one she known as Alice.

"Hello again, officer. Care for pancakes?" Scarlet invited,

"You know what? I haven't got any breakfast this morning. Sure, I'll join." Tsukasa then sits across Scarlet and her serving of pancakes slides in front of her. She then noticed Alice, "You must be little Alice. Nice to meet you."

"N-nice to meet you too, miss." Alice greeted back shyly, and the breakfast continues as normal. After breakfast, Tsukasa shows a folder to (Y/n),

"The reason why I came here is related to little Alice over there." She said while eyeing towards Alice, who is currently washing her hands.

"Does that mean that she's going back to her parents?" (Y/n) asked, which Tsukasa sighs,

"Unfortunately..." Tsukasa moves next to his ear and whispers, "Her parents disowned her seven years ago, three years after her birth."

(Y/n)'s eyes went wide, 'what kind of sick parents who kick their child out after that much time? That's just awful.' He thought. Tsukasa then continues outloud, but unknowingly Alice listens as well from a corner.

"What's more, after the investigation, we can conclude that her ex-staff had indeed attempted sexual harrasment on her, but fails everytime due to her being constantly followed by her manager. But even her manager is guilty, as she plans to sell her should her career fail." Tsukasa continues, making him sick in his mind. "That's why I have another favor for you, and it also involves Scarlet as well."

"Let me guess, adoption?" (Y/n) immediately guessed, which Scarlet overhears and goes sitting next to him as well.

"Yes. In this folder is the adoption papers. I want, no, the Global Police of (C/n) formally request you to adopt her."

"Adopting Alice-chan? That sounds like a great ide-" But (Y/n) interrupts,

"Hold on a sec. I know her backstory is rough, but me adopting her? I'm 19, and I'm still a highschooler. I don't think I can juggle both being a dad and being a student at the same time, not to mention it'll be awkward." He said while making a balance motion with his arms,

"That's where both us Global Police and Scarlet comes in. Scarlet, we will remove your previous crime on your record, in exchange of becoming Alice's caretaker."

"Becoming... Alice-chan's caretaker..." Scarlet then smiles and claps in excitement, "I am taking care of her, but officially? That's a wonderful idea!~"

"And for us, not only we will provide additional income for you and the household, but I will personally register her into an elementary school to ensure her education as well as her needs as well." Tsukasa explains.

"I... I guess I really don't have a choice huh... not to mention that Alice's still a kid.." (Y/n) shuts his eyes for a bit, "Alright, I'll do it." And just as he said that, Alice dashes out of the corner and hugs him, sobbing.

"Is it *sobs* true... that you'll be my real papa?" Alice asked in the middle of her sobbing, which (Y/n) hugs back and sighs,

"I may not going to be the best one, but I'll try, just for you. Besides, I really want to hang out with you, if school isn't too busy giving me assignments." (Y/n) reassures, and soon after Scarlet joins the hug as well. Tsukasa can only smile at the scene.

'21 years of busting Ganglers and criminals, yet this is the first time I seen something heartwarming for once.' She thought, and clears her throat.

"While I'm happy to hear that, I still need you to sign the papers to make it official. Once it's done, you can hang out with her as much as you want." Tsukasa said, and (Y/n) grabs a pen and signs the documents. Once done, Tsukasa takes it and stands, preparing to leave.

"I'm sorry for coming this early, but it had to be done. Also thanks for the breakfast. It was delicious."

"It was nothing, you can join us anytime you like." Scarlet replies, and Tsukasa leaves the house. (Y/n) meanwhile looked at Alice and pats her.

"I do mean that I want to hang out with you, so how about we go to Geetaku street today? I also want to buy some cosplay props for Saturday."

"Cosplay?"

"You'll know when we get there. How about you go take a shower and we'll go there at 10?"

"Sounds great, papa! I can't wait!" Alice says in excitement. For her, while her real parents' whereabout is still unknown, but she didn't care. She found something far more important than being an Idol, and as long as she have her now loving family, she's happy.

Outside of the house,

Tsukasa enters her car and turns it on. She's planning to head back to the office until a phone ring was heard,

"Hello?" She answered, and she continues the talk, however...

"What? You've got to be kidding me!" She groans and plants her face onto the steering wheel. "Fine... I'm returning to the office anyways... yeah, see you later."

She ends the call and groans again.

"Comissioner Hilltop better give me a two-day vacation after this. Hate being a GP officer sometimes."

(I'm back for another monthly-ish(?) update. Next chapter will feature a certain tsundere chuuni.

As always, I hope you enjoyed, and Peace Out.)