Day 17-2 - Town, Café, and Backgrounds

After the improvised breakfast, the two travelers are currently walking en route towards the aforementioned Starte Town.

"I almost forgot! My name is Pecorine. Nice to meet ya!" The knight introduced herself. (Y/n) introduces back while also giving a brief explanation of his doings prior to arriving on Ferunia. Needless to say, Pecorine is intrigue of his weird explanations, but manages to understand nonetheless.

"So this Ferunia Kingdom, can you tell me anything about it?" He asked,

"I would like to, but we're already arrived at the gate to Starte Town." Just as she said, the two have arrived at the gate. The gatekeepers inspects (Y/n) thoroughly, and with the help from Pecorine, he's allowed to enter. Once the two enters, (Y/n) looks around and is bewildered.

The town is filled with both normal humans and demi-humans, ranging from half-cats to half-dragon, and everything in between, and all of them are doing their daily lives as any normal townspeople would. Pecorine looks at his bewilderment and smiles.

"This town is the starting town for any adventurers who wants to begin their adventure. It's also the town where Humans and Demi-Humans can enjoy their lives here peacefully." She explained.

"Does that mean that there are other Demi-Humans in other towns?" He asked, which she nods.

"Sure are, but how they live their lives varies. Either they can be friendly, or even unfriendly~" She wags her finger at the last part, making him unsure.

"I'm... not sure about the last part..."

"Don't worry. As long as I'm with you, I'll keep you safe." She assures. "Come on, there's a place where we can talk about Ferunia Kingdom without getting swarmed by the people here."

The two then headed to a café somewhere nearby. As they enter the building, a Cat demi-human maid greets them.

"Welcome to C- Shishou, you're back!" She exclaimed and runs towards the two, with Pecorine being her focus

"Shishou?" (Y/n) asked, which Pecorine nods.

"Yep! Catty-chan, can you make us some tea and sandwiches?" She asked the maid, now known as Catty.

"Sure do. But who's this guy?" She looks at (Y/n) as he begins to introduce himself.

"Name's (Y/n), miss. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise. Go ahead and take a seat, you two." Catty then leaves to prepare the orders. The two then finds an empty table and sits there.

"Where do I begin?" Pecorine begins to explain, "Ferunia is a Kingdom where humans and demi-humans live with each other quite easily. However, due to some... ehm, changes at the capital few years ago, things ended up a bit badly due to the new set of rules..."

"What kind?"

"Increased taxes for demi-humans, force labor at some areas, and more." Catty cuts in while putting down the tea and sandwiches. "Us demi-humans can work together with you humans, but because of the shitty governor, Starte town is pretty much the only town where the new rules don't apply, and as such, it's our save haven."