Day 23 - An Overdue Bonding

It is Wednesday morning, and our main protagonist is now preparing to head to school as usual. As he bids goodbye to Scarlet to go out, Alice holds his hand to stop him.

"Papa, can we go together?" She asks.

"Together? But I'm at a different school."

"I know, but I just want to go to school with Papa together." She insisted. Knowing that he can't disappoint his daughter, he sighs and pats her head.

"Alright, but if miss Tsukasa is okay with it."

"I don't mind." (Y/n) yelps in surprise as he turns around to see Tsukasa waiting outside, twirling her car key with her finger. "It's also a good opportunity for a recap of her school activities."

"Okay then. Let's go." And with that, the three enters the police car and begins heading towards Alice's school. During the car ride, Tsukasa retells some of her activities there while the former sits idly next to (Y/n) while humming happily.

"For starters, she's doing good there. Her grades still need some working, but she's still fine regardless." She begins.

"I remembered Scarlet carrying some books every night..." He recalls his encounter Scarlet wearing glasses while carrying some books few nights ago. When she sees him, she just winks before moving away to her room. "Now I understand why..."

"It's okay, Papa. Mama Scarlet helped me a lot." Alice said. Tsukasa then continues the recap.

"She also made quite a few friends. When they first saw her, they invited her to play together, and the rest is history."

"She's right, Papa. They're really nice and fun to play with!"

"I see..." After a while, the GPS mentioned the street name, as everyone are near Alice's school.

"Anyway, we're here." The car pulls over to the side, and parks near the gate. After opening the door, Alice holds his hand and tries pulling him with her.

"W-wait, Alice!"

"Come on, Papa! I want you to meet my friends!" She insisted again. (Y/n) looked at Tsukasa who is sighing at the sight.

"Don't worry. I'll wait for you. Just make her happy." She said. With that, he complies and follows Alice to her school. Upon entering the gate, he sees many kids at around her age, with many of them having parents with them.

"That's odd... never seen this much parents at school... is there a special occasion?" He wonders, which Alice turns around and nods.

"Today's the Parent-Teacher Conference, Papa!" She explains, surprising him.

"Wait, you mean today?! But... I'm having school today..." (Y/n) said. However, it made Alice feel upset a little.

"I know Papa... I want to ask Mama Scarlet, but I really want to go with you instead..." Alice dejectedly said.

"I... didn't know... Is Miss Tsukasa know about this?" He then asked, which Alice shakes her head.

"No, Papa. I still want to go with you..." She still laments. Again, not wanting to disappoint her, he gives in and holds her hand.

"Alright, alright. Guess I'll add another day off to the list."

"Yay!" Alice then hugs him, before continuing leading him to her class.

Timeskippu! Alice's Class,

Right now, he's waiting for their turn for the meeting with the teacher. During the wait, he got introduced to her friends and gets an impression of him being her older brother, which Alice happily denies and claims the truth, making him embarrassed. Later on, it's their turn, and the two enters the classroom, as the teacher is waiting for them inside.