Ambushed

A/N: I have jumped ahead to Abby ambushing the Theatre, just to let you all know so there is no confusion.

Since returning from the Aquarium, Dylan had volunteered to go on a supply run since they would be returning to Jackson at first light. Dylan was hoping to scrounge up whatever supplies he could find, which could help them on the road home.

As Dylan was collecting some supplies, he felt a sudden sharp pain in his face, stomach and arms. He dropped to his knees in pain and looked out towards the theatre, seeing the window was open.

"Shit, Ellie! Dina and Talia best be okay." Dylan carefully rose to his feet, fighting the pain, "I'm coming." Dylan said as he pulled out his revolver.

Dylan exited the building and ran for the theatre, entering through the window. As he descended the stairs to the lobby, his eyes landed on Tommy as he laid on the floor.

"Tommy!" Dylan called as he rushed over to the man.

Dylan carefully rolled Tommy onto his back, seeing the man's wounded face. Slowly, Tommy opened his one good eye.

"Kid, I'll be okay. I'm sorry, Dylan. Jesse was a great guy, he didn't deserve this." Tommy said.

Dylan was shocked at Tommy's words as he looked around, he saw his best friend lying lifeless by the doors to the auditorium.

"Oh my God, Jesse. No!" Dylan said. Carefully, Dylan propped Tommy onto the couch and moved over to Jesse.

 Carefully, Dylan propped Tommy onto the couch and moved over to Jesse

As Dylan knelt down beside Jesse, a tear fell down his cheek.

"I'm sorry, Jesse. You deserved so much better than this. May you rest easy, my friend." Dylan said as tears stained his cheeks.

Suddenly, Dylan heard a whimper and a small cough from behind him. Dylan quickly whipped round, his gun raised. Dylan quickly lowered his gun as his eyes landed on an injured Talia.

As Talia held onto her abdomen, she also began to cough up some blood

As Talia held onto her abdomen, she also began to cough up some blood. Dylan quickly moved to Talia's aid, seeing her wounds seeping with blood.

"Talia, you're going to be okay. Dina will help fix you up and we'll be back in Jackson as soon as possible. Luckily, I found a Wolf truck and a safe route out of the city, we'll be home sooner than expected." Dylan informed as he moved Talia's hair behind her ear and held her cheek in his hand.