Peace Shattered

The morning sun shone over the grain fields as Ellie and Dylan neared home after another successful hunting trip. The twins approached the farm house with their bags filled with rabbit, herbs and mushrooms. Dylan smiled as Ellie told him another one of her lame jokes.

"Why should you not eat a clock?" Ellie asked with a smile.

"I don't know, why?" Dylan asked with a smirk.

"It's time consuming." Ellie chuckled.

Dylan shook his head at his twin sister as she began to chuckle.

"You're such an idiot." Dylan laughed.

Dylan and Ellie looked towards the farm house, seeing a horse by the steps.

"Is that Tommy's horse?" Ellie asked.

"I think so, yeah. I wonder what he wants." Dylan replied.

Ellie and Dylan picked up their pace and jogged towards the house. Dina exited the house and pulled Ellie into a hug as she and Dylan dropped their bags on the porch.

 Dina exited the house and pulled Ellie into a hug as she and Dylan dropped their bags on the porch

"Hey, babe. Is Tommy here?" Ellie asked.

Dina nodded in response as Ellie released Dina and entered the house. Dina grabbed Dylan's wrist and pulled him aside before he was able to enter.

"Hey, you okay?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah, I just hope Tommy doesn't have some lead on that girl that killed Joel. What was her name? Abby?" Dina replied

"Yeah. I'm sure he's just here to see how we're doing." Dylan assured her.

"Dylan, if she knows where she is, you know she'll want to go after her. I don't think I can go through all that again, wondering if I'll ever see her again. We've got JJ now and I can't put him through that, and you...She can't expect you to follow her every move." Dina informed.

Dylan looked Dina in the eye and smiled at his best friend.

"Dina, I promise you as your best friend and baby daddy, that if Tommy has something on Abby, I will do everything in my power to make Ellie stay put." Dylan assured.

Dina hugged Dylan and sighed before she regained her composure and entered the house, followed by Dylan.

Dylan entered to find JJ sat on Tommy's lap with Ellie sat beside him. JJ giggled at Dylan as he noticed him walk in.

"Hey, Tommy," Dylan greeted.

"There you are." Tommy smiled.

Dina sensed something was up and moved towards Tommy and JJ.

"Here, let me take him. C'mon, bud," Dina said as she lifted JJ up into her arms.

Tommy stood up and pulled Dylan into a hug.

"Hey," The two said in unison.

"It's good to see you," Dylan said.

"You too, kid. It's been a long time. I mean you've got a real family here. Ellie, Dina, baby JJ, Maddie and Scott - a real family unit. JJ is well looked after here...a house full of survivors. Not that he will need to worry, he's gotten so big." Tommy stated.