Take On Me

Dylan had scouted ahead, leaving Ellie and Dina to scout and scavenge Downtown together. Dylan had been brave enough to take on the infected in the Courthouse alone, finding no gasoline for the generator, which would allow them access to the Serevena Hotel. He stumbled out of the Courthouse garage, just being able to lift the metal shutter alone. Dylan pulled himself onto Shadow and caught a glimpse of his sister and his best friend up ahead.

Dylan followed after them and kept his distance as he listened in on their conversation in the music store.

"This must be the music shop." Dina said.

"Man. Imagine this place when everything was intact." Ellie replied as she looked around the store.

Dina looked around, finding a bunch of records.

"They got a bunch of records here. The Sleek Habit." Dina informed.

Dylan shook his head.

"The SICK Habit." Ellie corrected.

"Close enough." Dina replied as she looked through more records.

Dylan shook his head with a grin on his face.

"Uhh, okay, we only listened to it like a hundred times together." Ellie informed.

"I was only listening to it because I thought you were cute." Dina smiled.

Dylan smiled as it warmed his heart to know someone, over than himself, cared deeply for his sister.

Ellie smiled at Dina before they both continued to look around the store. Dylan poked his head around taking a look inside the music store, his eyes landing on a Pearl Jam poster.

He immediately thought of Joel and how he sung 'Future Days' to him and Ellie when he found Ellie's guitar

He immediately thought of Joel and how he sung 'Future Days' to him and Ellie when he found Ellie's guitar. He watched as Ellie entered another room and entered the music store quietly. Dina saw Dylan as he carefully approached the room. Dylan signalled to Dina to stay quiet about him being there. Dina understood and nodded as she continued to look around.

Dylan watched as Ellie opened up a guitar case, finding a guitar inside. She ran her thumb over the strings before picking it up and sitting down, resting it on her lap and tuning it. Dylan watched as Ellie strummed on the strings, playing a familiar tune.

Dylan smiled as Ellie began to sing. Dina heard Ellie begin to play and moved to stand in the doorway.

"If I ever were to lose you..." Ellie sang.

Ellie looked up and found Dina watching her.

"What was that?" Dina asked.