Secret's Out

Over the last few months, Dylan had been sneaking away to the farmhouse with Fang by his side. He had been fixing it up and making it a home for Dina and the baby. Dylan had also enlisted the help of Maddie's brother, Scott, seeing as he had become a skilled carpenter and blacksmith whilst staying in Jackson. Scott and Dylan had been lugging tools back and forth each time they left town, causing Maria to wonder what they were up to. Yet once they offered up their explanation, she was happy and impressed that the young men were doing such a kind thing and promised to keep their secret.

However, one morning when the boys went out and unbeknownst to them they had company. Maddie had heard Scott and Dylan leave the house since Scott had accidentally dropped one of his tools. Maddie quietly and carefully followed the boys, keeping her distance as she followed them towards the farmhouse. Maddie lingered in the nearby woods for most of the morning, watching the boys as they worked hard on the beautiful, rustic farmhouse. It was only when the boys stopped to go hunt for lunch, when Maddie decided to make herself known. As Dylan and Scott hunted down a rather large hare, an arrow whizzed past them and impaled the hare. The boys both looked behind them for the source of the arrow, finding Maddie smiling at them.

 The boys both looked behind them for the source of the arrow, finding Maddie smiling at them

"Hi, guys. Hungry?" Maddie asked as she walked by them and picked up the hare.

Dylan shook his head at Scott with a smile on his face, "Your sister is amazing."

Dylan followed after Maddie and Scott caught up with them. As the Hare was cooking over the open fire, Dylan looked to Maddie.

"So, how long have you been out here?" Dylan asked.

"Same as you, since this morning when I heard you guys leave." Maddie replied.

Scott took the Hare away from the fire and began separating the meat between them. As Dylan and Maddie took their share, Dylan looked at Maddie with a smile.

"So, how long have you guys been working on the farmhouse?" Maddie asked as Fang cuddled up to her.

"A few months now, I found the house when I found Fang and Dina has always wanted to live in a farmhouse and raise sheep, so I thought that I'd fix the place up for her and it will be a great place to raise the baby." Dylan replied.

Maddie looked around and looked at the view over the horizon. Maddie also noticed the large fence surrounding the property, noticing the large space between the farmhouse, the barn and the fence. Maddie also noticed the large piles of wood that sat beside the farmhouse.

"What's with the piles of wood? What are you planning to build?" Maddie asked.

As Dylan finished his lunch, he looked to Maddie with a smile.

"Well, I was thinking I might become a bit of a third wheel to Dina and Ellie's relationship, and you and I are...well, we're getting along very well and I was thinking of building another house for you and I to live in. And you don't have to worry about Scott because he wants to live in that trailer over there." Dylan informed with a smile.