Flashback - Finding Strings Pt 2

The twins followed after Joel through the hole in the wall, entering the next room.

"You gotta be smart about this." Joel informed the twins, "You stop wearing that mask, kiddo, and eventually you're going to slip up in front of someone you shouldn't."

"We've never slipped." Dylan replied.

"You ain't told nobody new, have you?" Joel asked the twins, "Not Jesse or Dina, Tori or--"

"Of course not." The twins replied in unison.

"'Kay, good." Joel said.

The twins followed after Joel as he climbed through a hole in the wall into the following room.

"You ever been in here before?" Ellie asked.

"No. We've just patrolled the streets." Joel replied, "Feeling like a bit of an oversight now..."

"Maybe." Dylan said as the trio continued on through the hotel.

Joel and the twins searched the rooms for supplies, picking up anything useful. The twins found Joel crouched in a room, looking at a dead clicker.

"Looks like it was shot a while back." Joel informed.

"One less to worry about in here." Dylan replied.

"When'd the last patrol go through here?" Ellie asked.

"Not sure." Joel answered.

"Is it one of us?" Ellie asked.

"Nah." Joel replied as he stood up, "Only people went missing from Jackson are them teenagers from last year. This one's too old. Probably just roamed in."

The twins continued to follow Joel as they climbed up some debris and jumped over a ledge to the next room.

"Kids, c'mere." Joel called quietly as he slowly and quietly opened the door to the next room.

The trio saw runners and clickers in the next room.

"We are on patrol, right?" Ellie replied as she slowly opened the other door.

"Okay." Joel said, "Let's take 'em out."

The twins hung back as they watched Joel quietly take out the clicker before them. Ellie followed Joel's example as she quietly took out a runner. Stealthily the trio took out the runners and clickers. Dylan took out the last clicker quietly.

 Dylan took out the last clicker quietly

"Joel...I think we did it." Ellie informed.

"Think so." Joel replied, "Good job, kids."

"Yeah. You too." Dylan smiled.

"So...what do you say we give up on those strings for today?" Ellie asked.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Joel replied.