Room For Three

The trio rode up to the hotel. Suddenly, a runner hopped a fence entering the hotel.

 Suddenly, a runner hopped a fence entering the hotel

"You see that? Infected just hopped that fence." Dina informed.

"Means we can get in that way..." Ellie said.

"Shouldn't we hear gunshots or something?" Dina asked.

"I don't know what's going on, but I am going to follow the infected into the hotel. That is a sentence I never thought I would say." Dylan replied.

The trio dismounted their horses and jumped the fence, landing in the hotel courtyard.

"Okay, how are we playing this? There are infected inside, so are we going to draw them out or head in there guns blazing?" Dylan asked.

"We need to play this smart." Dina replied.

"Let's draw them out, then take them out as quiet as possible." Ellie informed.

Dylan nodded and pulled out a brick from his backpack. Dylan moved closer to the hotel entrance and the launched the brick, watching it smash as it landed. With that several runners and a couple clickers ran into the courtyard. The trio quickly and as quietly as possible cleared the infected before heading inside.

The trio moved into the hotel, taking cover behind a crate.

"Couple more infected to take care of." Ellie informed.

"I've got this." Dylan said as he pulled out a molotov from his bag.

Dylan waited till the infected moved closer together before he lit the molotov and tossed it at the infected. Flames engulfed the pair as they ran around the hotel lobby in pain before they finally succumbed to death.

"Okay. That's that." Dylan informed as the trio stood from cover.

Ellie noticed a corpse hunched against a couch in the lobby, she crouched down to inspect it. Dina and Dylan joined her.

"Ugh. This one's fresh. And he's got one of those wolf patches." Dina informed.

"Guess they didn't make it out with their gas after all." Ellie said.

"That's good, right?" Dylan asked.

"If those fuckers who killed Joel got taken out by some random infected..." Ellie said.

"Then they'd still be dead, Ellie." Dylan replied.

" Dylan replied