[Chapter 15]

"I NEED A NURSE. SHE FLATLINED!"

Felix yelled, hitting the 'call nurse' button three times. His heart raced in his chest, the everlasting beep of the heart machine blurring his thinking.

She was dying.

"Fuck- Kara, hang in there.." Felix said through gritted teeth, looking around the small room eagerly.

There was nothing.

"Gabs' going to kill me for this.." Felix grumbled, placing his hands on Kara's chest, pushing down.

"One.. two.. three.." He grumbled, performing CPR as he waited for the nurses.

"..twenty eight.. twenty nine.. thirty.." Felix pushed, placing his lips onto the girls and blowing two, long breaths, weakly attempting to start her heart again.

He pushed down again, another thirty compressions, placing his lips back onto hers and blowing for another two, heavy breaths.

"Come on.. where the fuck are the nurses.." he grumbled, removing his hands from Kara's chest and towards her neck.
He felt her pulse, desperate for even a slight throb of her heart.

It was faint, but it was there. But it was also faltering.

The sound of footsteps and wheels from outside the room made Felix step back in surprise, turning towards the door of the room.

"Thank fuck.." Felix sighed as the nurses finally came rushing in, a medicinal trolley accompanying them with a defibrillator.

Felix stood up and walked out of the room, body shaking.

"That was way too close.." He sighed, covering his face with his hands. "Why'd the nurses take so long though..."

Holding his phone in a shaking hand, he went to call Gabs again before pausing.

What if the nurses lose her.
What if Kara actually dies...

Maybe it's best to just wait...

Felix scrolled through his contacts, dialling Bang Chan instead.

Bang Chan picked up, excusing himself from the table where Y/N, Gabs, and the other members were.

"Yeah Felix?" Bang Chan said as soon as he picked up.
"Kara flatlined. I think she'll be okay.. but one thing confuses me. The nurses took way too long to get here. There should always be nurses nearby. If I wasn't here she would've died." Felix rambled on, his voice shaking.
"That's something.. we'll look into it. How come you called me and not Gabs?" Bang Chan questioned, lowering his voice so Gabs didn't overhear.
"Well.. I don't want her worrying. She deserves this night out, no point ruining it. Plus, we don't even know if Kara will be okay."
"She'll be alright. If she had a pulse the nurses will be able to help." Bang Chan reassured.
"Thank you hyung. Please, when you get back, can you hide this from Gabs? Just for a bit. She'll have my head for even touching Kara, you know how she's like." Felix chuckled slightly.
"Yeah, of course. Go home and get some rest Felix. I'll send Jackson to watch her." Bang Chan said, worry laced into his voice.
"But-"
"No buts. Go home." Bang Chan said, before hanging up and sending a quick message to Jackson.