[Chapter 53]

"Jungkook you really thought I wouldn't figure out what you're doing?" Jimin asked, narrowing his eyes.
Jungkook laughed dryly. "Well what am I doing?"
"You're trying to play Cupid with me and Kara. Not happening, she doesn't trust me, and she doesn't trust us. For fucks sake, she's probably only hanging around at the moment becuase Bang Chan told her to. So, I need her to trust me. Hire some people to come after her. I'll get rid of them, and then she'll know I mean it. It's the only way I can think of." Jimin sighed, looking to the sky as they hovered outside the mall.

"I reckon I could hire some for tonight?" Jungkook said with a smug smirk.
"Sure, whatever. Tell them they can hurt her and me, but not kill us. I don't care who it is, I just want to prove myself." He said, turning to Jungkook. "I do really like her, y'know?"
Jungkook smiled. "I know, Hyung. That's why I'm doing this."
He walked off, phone in his hand, whilst Jimin walked away, to where he assumed Jungkook was going to get him and Kara to stay.

It was most likely Y/N was in on this, so she would be dragging Kara somewhere.

He finally spotted you both, as you dragged Kara to a bench in a park.
"Why did you drag me here when it's turning dark- Y/N are you planning on killing me?" She asked.

I just laughed. "Oh god no, no. I wanted to watch the stars with you for a bit. Then I invited someone else."
"Who, May I ask?" She questioned.
I shook my head. "Nope, it's a surprise."

She just rolled her eyes. "Well, I hope it's a good surprise then."
I glanced around, eyes locking with Jungkook's as he nodded.
"Hey I'll be back. You stay here."
She just nodded, as I wandered off to where Jungkook was hiding.

I saw Jimin walk out calmly, over to Kara.
"Did you tell him?" I whispered to Jungkook.
He shook his head. "No, the dude guessed on his own."
I raised an eyebrow. "Do you do this often?"
He grinned sheepishly.
"Maybe..."
"Jungkook! You're such an idiot." I scoffed.
"Why thank you." He smiled, pulling at my arm.
"We should go. They'll be fine, Jimin brought his car."
I nodded, as we began walking off.
That's when I saw movement among the trees, and realised I wasn't alone.
They weren't alone.
"Jungkook, there are people here. We should go tell them." I said, grabbing his arm, turning him to face me.
He pulled me close to him.
"They'll be fine, Y/N. Trust me, if they get in trouble, Jimin knows what he is doing." He whispered, his breath tickling my neck.
His face was inches from mine, and I couldn't help but feel flustered.

I had been this close to him before, sure. I've kissed him too, but I felt awkward.
Maybe it was the way he was looking right at me, his eyes sparkling in the moonlight.
"You alright?" He asked.
I nodded. "Yeah, okay, let's go then." I said.
He chuckled, keeping me close to him as we walked away.
I couldn't complain, he was warm.

"Should I be surprised?" Kara asked, looking up as Jimin came and sat next to her.
"I came on my own, actually. Jungkook tipped me off you would be here. Him and Y/N are such children." Jimin sighed, shaking his head.
"You could say that. Y/N's not that bad. She broke into your file room, and started reading her own file. I haven't even read that." She said.
"I'm assuming you stopped her, so thank you." He said, his eyes darting around the park.

"Don't thank me, it was my choice." Kara said, looking up.
She gripped at her side, hand wrapping around the gun that was hidden in her clothes.
"We're being watched, and it definitely isn't our friends." She whispered lowly.
Jimin grabbed at her hand. "Don't pull your gun out just yet."
She loosened her grip, watching as people moved around.
She felt someone move behind them, as she turned, sending a punch into the man's face, as his hands reached out for Jimin.
She bounded off the bench, pulling Jimin with her.

That's when another man ran out from the bushes, tackling Kara.
She kicked him in the stomach, rolling on top of him as she punched down at his throat, standing up as he lay on the ground, winded.
Jimin was fighting another man off, as Kara ran over to knock him away with ease, snapping his wrist.
"We were talking." She said, narrowing her eyes.

A fist came flying at her, as she turned, blinking, waiting for the impact.
But it never came, as Jimin grabbed at the hand, sending the man flying.

After a few minutes, there were a whole bunch of people laying out on the floor, either unconscious or groaning in pain.
Kara stretched out her wrists.
"Well, they were either coming for BTS or Stray Kids, but based on how determined that was, they were coming for you." She said, looking to Jimin.
"You alright?"
He nodded, before he pulled her into his chest, and in one swift movement, pulled his gun out towards another man, eyes narrowing.

"Put your gun down." Jimin scowled.
The man kept his gun up. "Let the girl go, I'll take her and be out of your hair."

Kara sighed. "Never mind, it's me."

"You people are all over her at the moment. The answer is no. Pay as much as you want, I'm not letting go of my teammate. Now scram." He hissed.
The man loaded his gun, as Jimin sighed, pushing his into his holster, knowing it was empty.

He jumped forward, dropping his gun, knife in hand.
Jimin flung Kara behind him, as he lunged at the man, grabbing the gun from Kara's waist.

She helped to push the man away, letting out a yelp as the blade pierced her side.

Jimin pointed the gun, eyes wild.

"Bang."

The scent of gunpowder and copper filled the air, along with the loud ringing off the gun, as the man dropped in a heap.
Jimin looked to Kara, looking at her shirt, which was progressively turning red.
"Let's get you home. I swear, I cannot talk to you outside of the house for two seconds without being attacked." He said, scooping her up.
"I can walk." Kara grumbled.
"Yeah, well I don't want you to."

On the drive back, Kara fell asleep in the passenger seat, as Jimin rang Jungkook up.

"Dude, what the hell? You ordered people to kidnap Kara?"

"Hyung, the men I hired weren't available until midnight.." Jungkook said.
Jimin's heart pounded in his ears.

"What? We were attacked."
"That wasn't who I hired. I'll call them off now, but it's because people have discovered how vulnerable she is. Rumours spread. Everyone wants to have a girl on their team as experienced as her. So, people are heavily targeting her." Jungkook explained briefly.

"Is Y/N asleep?"

"Maybe, she's in her room."

"Tell her to take some of Kara's pyjamas. Or you can give her your clothes." Jimin said, glancing at Kara.
He grabbed her hand, squeezing it gently.

"Okay, yeah, I'll do that. See you later, Hyung." Jungkook said, as the phone went dead.

Jimin pulled over, squeezing Kara's hand again.
"Hey, wake up." He whispered.
She grumbled, blinking groggily at him.

"No. Let me sleep."
He chuckled, as she turned away, allowing him to start driving again.

When they arrived back, Jimin helped her into the living room, and got to work bandaging her up.

I went downstairs for a glass of water, only to find Jimin wrapping a bandage around Kara's torso.
I almost ran over.
"Is she okay?" I asked.
Jimin nodded. "It's nothing fatal. You're aware people are after you, yes?" He asked.
I nodded. "Because of my parents I believe, yes."

He sighed. "People are after Kara, too. Word spread from those men who kidnapped you and her. Everyone thinks she's an easy target. So we were attacked for her tonight."

I nodded. "Good thing you were there."
He hummed. "Yes it was."

It was a few minutes of silence, before he looked to me.

"Do you want to learn how to defend yourself?"