[Chapter 28]

Kara pulled the mattress from its resting spot, looking under the bed frame.
Nothing.
She sighed in annoyance, moving the mattress back, laying back down as she stared up at the walls.
It was pointless.
She heard voices from outside.
Of course someone was watching her. She seemed that 'important'.
"Please, I'm not even that special." She grumbled, rolling over on the bed, only to feel a click inside the mattress.

Kara grabbed the lamp on the side table, unscrewing the globe, smashing it against the wall, leaving sharp glass.
With that she sliced at the mattress, revealing a small handgun.
"Bingo." Kara smirked to herself, pulling it out.
It had ammo in it. Even better.
With that, Kara stood against the door, listening for the voices.

"We'll see about that."

Her heart quickened.
Felix.

"FELIX!! I'M IN HERE!!" Kara yelled, banging her body against the door.

Felix turned his attention to the rattling door, a small smile twitching on the edge of his lips. Kara was safe, and alright.
Beomgyu just grimaced. "Keep your eyes on me, or you'll get hurt." He said, pointing his gun again, and shooting.

Felix ducked out the way, running forward.
He slashed at Beomgyu, his knife tearing at his shirt, scraping against his body.
Beomgyu elbowed Felix in the face, causing him to stumble back.
He just scowled, before running forward again, kicking at Beomgyu's knees, making him fall onto the floor.
Beomgyu pointed his gun up at Felix.

"I don't think you should be playing with these." Felix said, gripping Beomgyus hand, crushing it in his own, forcing him to drop the gun.
Beomgyu let out a yelp, gripping his aching hand in his other.
"You know, once she knows about it, she isn't going to want to stay with you anymore. We'll be waiting for her." Beomgyu said, looking at Felix with disgust.

"That's why we're not going to talk to her about it until the time is right." Felix said, walking over to the door.
He shot at the lock with Beomgyus gun, allowing for the door to open.

Kara jumped into Felix's arms.
"Are you hurt at all? Did they hurt you?" Felix asked, pushing her away gently.
"I'm a bit scratched up. Plus I was shot earlier. Other than that I'm fine. You..?" Kara asked, looking him up and down.

"I'm just fine, don't worry about me. Let's take you home." Felix smiled.
"Yeah, let's go home." She smiled back, only to hear the shot of a gun.

Felix jumped in front of Kara, only for him to stagger, blood dripping from his side.

Hongjoong stood at the hallway which Felix came through, his gun held high.
"Well, I wasn't aiming for Kara. But how kind of you to protect her." He said.
Felix groaned in agony, as he gave his gun to Kara, holding his hands against his side as he struggled to stand up straight.

"Hongjoong. I already told Seonghwa this, but if you need the money we can support you. You don't have to act like a villain." Kara said, holding Felix up from behind.

"Hitmen don't have sides, Kara. That's not what we do. I'm sorry." Hongjoong frowned.
"Now if you could go back inside that room..." He said, walking closer as he pointed his gun at her head.

"No. I won't." Kara scowled, pointing Felix's gun at him.
"Put the weapon down." Hongjoong said, readjusting his gun, pointing towards Felix.
"You put yours down." Kara scoffed.
She watched as his finger sat ready on the trigger, twitching.
With that, she huffed in annoyance, letting Felix go, and rushing forward, causing Hongjoong to stumble and collapse onto the floor.
Kara was on top of him.

She held his wrists down by his sides, staring down at him.
"I don't care if you're a hitman or not, you can still have morals. You can still be a decent person." Kara said, frowning slightly.
"Once you've killed a few people, you lose the innocent sanity you once had." Hongjoong shrugged.
"There's nothing saying you can't get it back. You boys are talented, in so many other things. Pursuit those dreams. Or, if not, I'll support you. I've got money you can have." She said, struggling to keep Hongjoongs hands down.