[Chapter 68]

I woke up in a strange room, everything hazy, dream like - it was often like that when I came back to myself, but it was clearer that usual.

I was in a bedroom, not my own, but someone's. Except there were no drawers or anything, just a bed, bedside table, and a sad bookshelf with 2 books.

I remember my father, and seeing those men surge in and tackle my friends...
I sat up instantly, looking around.

I saw the door, automatically rushing up and yanking it open, thankfully, it was unlocked.

As soon as I left the room, I could tell it was still the warehouse. The hallways were bare, just as they were before.

The made-up bedroom I was in merely an illusion from the building I was in.

I could hear people yelling as I rushed through the halls, slowing to a stop as I saw guards outside a door.

One of them bowed my way.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, but we can't let you in. Boss's orders. Forgive us." One of them said, the other standing there silently.

"Don't worry, I don't want to go in. Can you tell me what's happening?" I asked, as the one who spoke glanced at the other.
It was a confusing a new idea to me, for people to 'respect' me. Although I know they didn't, and it was out of fear for my dad, it still felt odd.

"They're torturing Bang Chan, Miss." The second guard said, staring straight ahead.

I felt shivers go down my spine.

"Let me in." I said, walking straight towards them.

The second man held an arm in front of the door.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that."

I grabbed his arm. "Let me in, or I'll get you in trouble."
My voice dripped with malice, unintentionally, the man stepping aside.

"Tell your father that you forced us, I'm not going to get fired over it." The second man said, as I pushed the door open, my fathers head instantly turned to me.

"Y/N, honey, why are you here?" He asked, stepping away from Bang Chan.

Chan just glanced up at me, my heart freezing as he merely glared at me.
He wasn't smiling anymore as he used to, and I felt my heart shatter.

My father noticed my blank expression, turning back to the man he had tied up, and laughed.

"Oh, you thought he'd be happy to see you? Of course not dear, you're the reason him and his members are going to die." My father laughed, and as Bang Chan pulled at the restraints again, my father stabbed a nail into his arm, as Bang Chan gasped out in pain.

I cringed, looking away.

"I wanted to talk to him myself. About hiding things from me. Please, dad, give me a minute alone." I asked, as my father just looked over me for a minute, before sighing.

He gave me a knife.
"Don't untie him, whatever you do. I'll give you five minutes."

Then he left, as I pulled a spare chair, and sat in front of Chan.

I placed my hand on his. "I'm so, so sorry. You guys shouldn't have followed me."

He just let out a low chuckle.
"Y/N, we always knew we had to let go of you at one point, I just didn't realise how attached the team would get. But I suppose it's kind of working in our favour, because if you didn't care for us, your father would have killed us all by now. And anyways, we had to follow you. Gabs was here."

I frowned. "I don't know where she is. I can't let him kill you, I don't understand why he is. You guys helped him, didn't you?"

Bang Chan sighed.
"For Stray Kids, we had two missions he wanted us to achieve, to be paid and left alone. One, was to bring you in. The second, was to bring Kara in, dead. But of course we couldn't do that, could we?" He said sadly.