Chapter 10: Need You Close

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaemin's POV-

I'm staring at Jeno and Narae. Both of them seem so close to one another. It caused my blood to boil while noticing their trust and care. I closed the door of my office, getting my sight away from the scene I witnessed. After that, I poured out the bottle of wine and served some on my glass. I drank some of it before staring at the city from my window.

The project of the skyscraper got to an end; the team worked well. And the last thing is the presentation of our work, which is exciting. But after talking with Jeno, everything seemed different to me. Before hearing Eunju and Narae arguing, Jeno told me that he wanted Narae out of the company. I didn't know why, and I questioned him a lot, but there's when the rest of the team gave their opinion. Everybody agreed that the tension between Eunju and Narae it's something getting out of hand. Regularly, Eunju has tried to make Narae look bad in front of my father, but that hasn't happened since Mark covered her up all the time. That's why Mark-hyung got suspended for some weeks, and he barely came back.

I didn't want to see what my team was referring to, but I ought to agree with them. Eunju will be around until my father ends the partnership with Mr. Sonu, but why would he? Mr. Sonu is one of the best partners we have inside the company, and also, they are best friends.

I can't let Narae go. I have to do something about it.

-Can I come in, Jaemin? – I heard Mark ask from behind the door.

-Uh, sure. – I said before Mark-hyung came inside.

-Hey. – I smiled while looking at my hyung.

-I came with some news. – Mark spoke before getting some wine from the bottle, and then he walked next to me.

-What happened? – I asked before drinking some more.

-Jeno already told Narae his suggestion about leaving the company. And it looks like she will consider that option, but she wants to fight till the end. – Mark disclosed before having some wine.

-I can't lose Narae to someone else. – I sighed, frustrated.

Mark chuckled. -Narae isn't yours, Jaemin. And I'm surprised that you are getting your feelings mixed with job issues. – Mark admitted while looking at me.

-Narae is a strong accent to our team, but she's also the engine we need whenever somebody gets tired. – I pointed out before smiling slightly.

Mark elbowed my side. -That girl became "special" to you, and I completely get it. But if you don't want to lose her, you have to control Eunju somehow.

-I know, but the only way Eunju will leave Narae alone only if I accept her as my girlfriend, but I can't do that! – I said, feeling disgusted while thinking about Eunju like my girlfriend.

Mark laughed. -That would turn into the news of the year. – He teased, making me complain. -Relax, Jaemin. I'm sure that Narae doesn't want to leave her place in this company. – Mark assured before patting my back.

-I hope you are right, hyung. I honestly don't want to share Narae. – I said before we stared at the view from the window.

*Later that day*

It was time to go home. I feel my body giving up on me after the things I made today; various meetings, preparations for the presentation, and one intense argument between Narae and Eunju.

I took my coat before getting out of the office, and as usual, most of the employees were out enjoying the rest of the day. I said goodbye to some of them before walking to the entrance, but before I could continue my way, I saw Narae resting her head on her desk. I chuckled while walking towards her working space.

I stared at Narae for some seconds, making me notice that she was asleep. But then, I saw the notes on her desk, bringing my attention to the things she wrote.

These companies are assisting the presentation. Are you honestly trying to go?

I sighed before patting Narae's back. Slowly, Narae's eyes opened before she sat down correctly.

-Mr. Na, did I sleep again? – Narae questioned while rubbing her eyes gently.

-It seems that way, but don't worry about it. – I said before looking at Narae, concerned. -I can take you home if you'd like. – I offered, to which Narae nodded in agreement.

-Sorry for the trouble. But I fear that if I walk alone to my home, someone might follow me. – Narae admitted before taking her purse.

-Who? – I asked.

-Eunju. – Narae said before taking a deep breath. After that, she stood up and put her jacket on. -Can we get going, please? – She questioned.

-Sure, let's go. – I nodded before we walked out of the company together.

What did Eunju tell Narae? I wonder if there's something else that I don't know.

*Narae's home*

Narae invited me to come inside her place, so I accepted since I wanted to talk about some things. She served me some coffee, making fun of my sleepless night at Jeno's house. And then, we sat down in the living area together. I'm staring at Narae ever since we took our places on the couch. She's sipping her coffee nervously, knowing that I want to speak about something serious.

-Can you stop looking at me that way? It's scary. – Narae said, glancing at me shyly.

-Sorry. – I chuckled before leaving the mug on the coffee table, and then I sighed. -Narae, what happened at the company? With Eunju? – I questioned, capturing Narae's attention immediately.

-Why do you want to know? – Narae questioned before leaving her coffee aside.

-I noticed Eunju hurt you, and I want to know if I can do something to help you. – I spoke while waiting for an honest answer from Narae.

-Eunju threatened to kick me out of the company. She doesn't want me close to you, so she's going to use all of her resources to fire me. – Narae revealed before holding her hands tightly. -Mark already got suspended a month ago because he defended me against Eunju, but I can't let that happen again with any of my friends. And I know that anyone would do the same thing as Mark if Eunju began to act the same way. – Narae explained, sounding hurt and concerned.

-That's why you began to search for other companies. Right? – I questioned, making Narae look back at me, surprised. -Yes, I saw the notes on your desk, and Jeno told me that he would give you his suggestion to go. – I said before taking a deep breath.

-And what do you think about it? – Narae questioned, intrigued.

-I mean, you can do whatever you believe is better. But personally, I don't want you to go from the company. I know I can help you somehow, even protect you if you let me do so. – I assured while staring worriedly at Narae.

She smiled slightly before patting my hand. -What about your position as the director of the department? Jaemin, you shouldn't risk yourself for me. – Narae said before I pressed her hand gently.

-I want to do it, Narae. I can't let Eunju push you away from me. – I murmured while staring at Narae's eyes.

-From you? – Narae asked, confused.