Chapter 20: Defending Love

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Later that day*

-Narae's POV-

The last hours had been full of work. Your team is finishing up with the presentation and getting feedback from the clients. So far, everything appears to run smoothly, and nothing has been causing trouble. Fortunately, you haven't seen Eunju all day, which lifts your mood and hopes to have a day without issues. However, you explained to Chenle and Jeno what happened with Jaemin. Both of them were glad that you didn't break up and showed support after you revealed Eunju's plans. It seems that you aren't the only one that believes in everything Eunju can do; after all, she's one wicked woman.

Currently, you are rehearsing some of the lines you have to say at the presentation. Chenle is also practicing alongside Jeno, and it looks like everything is almost ready. The last thing to do is deliver the presentation to Jaemin, explain some details to him, and then find the date for the event.

-The skyscraper has two spacious lounges, where people can sit to admire the view and have important meetings with clients or friends. – You spoke, remembering the lines you previously wrote. But before you could continue, the door from the room got opened.

You looked behind and saw Jaemin. -Hi, guys. – Jaemin said while peeking through the door.

-Hey! – Jeno and Chenle smiled at his friend.

-Darling, can you come outside? I need to speak with you. – Jaemin spoke while looking at you.

-Oh, okay. – You nodded before leaving the notes on the table, shortly staring at your friends, confused.

-Good luck! – Jeno teased, causing Jaemin to roll his eyes with a subtle smile on his face.

-Have fun! – Chenle giggled as you got out of the room and closed the door behind you, briefly walking towards Jaemin.

You followed your boyfriend to his office as some workers from the department began to stare your way. You tried to ignore it until you reached Jaemin's office. He opened the door for you, letting you get inside first. You respectfully thanked Jaemin before entering, and shortly he followed you from behind, then closing the door to have more privacy.

-Honestly, I can't tolerate when the workers look at you. – Jaemin groaned, upset.

You sighed. -The ladies are only behind you; that's why. – You pointed out, making Jaemin chuckle slightly.

-I was referring to the men, my love. – Jaemin spoke before holding the back of your neck, looking at you with a subtle smile. But in his eyes, you noticed that something is worrying him.

-And you brought me here to say that, or is there something I need to know? – You questioned, then Jaemin looked away and nodded.

-I talked with my father and discovered that Eunju had a meeting with him and her father. It was business-related, so I asked, and he revealed the soon collaboration with Yong's Company. – Jaemin explained, looking unsettled.