Chapter 27: Q&A

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*After midnight*

-Jaemin's POV-

After having a pleasant talk with Narae, we slept to enjoy tomorrow's weekend. And even though I called it a day with worries inside my head, noting Narae's closeness calmed me down. It is unbelievable how I changed after she came into my life, and sometimes, I don't want to recognize it regardless of its veracity. Yet, I'm glad to count on her in these moments; after all, I believe we are better this way. Now, we have someone to rely on when things get complicated.

I'm cuddling against the pillows while keeping my eyes shut, but sudden hiccups blared the room. Eventually, I opened my eyes after blinking a few times, and instantly I saw Narae holding onto the bedsheets. I couldn't tell if I imagined it at first, but as I continued to see her tight grasp and hear the faint hiccups, I got closer to her.

-Narae? – I softly spoke while looking at her, immediately noticing the sweat on her forehead. -Narae, honey? – I worriedly said before holding her between my arms, trying to wake her up.

I patted Narae's cheeks, being gentle with my touch while trying to wake her up. Shortly, she opened her eyes and looked at me while breathing fast. Immediately, I held her against me while stroking her back.

-Relax, you are here with me. – I murmured before kissing Narae's head, attempting to calm her down.

-I'm sorry for waking you up. – Narae said before getting away from me, but she looked away embarrassedly.

-Why do you apologize? It's okay. – I sincerely said, but Narae shook her head as some tears began to drop. -Narae, what's wrong? Huh? – I worriedly questioned while holding her shoulders.

-It was a bad dream; nothing to worry about, Jaemin. – Narae assured me before resting her head on my chest. Instantly, I surrounded her body against me while trying to comfort her.

-Do you want to talk about it? – I asked while looking down at Narae.

-There's nothing much to say. – Narae blankly said before the hiccups began to sound again. Now, Narae is sobbing against my chest, causing me to hold onto her tighter.

-The wedding? – I suddenly questioned, causing Narae to hide her face. I sighed, understanding what disturbed her dreams. -No one will force you to marry someone you don't love, Narae. I already told you to leave that to me, okay? – I reminded her, concerned.

-I wasn't getting married, Jaemin. – Narae mentioned, causing us to get apart from one another. I looked at her, confused, not knowing how to react. -You were at the altar with Eunju. – Narae described, my eyes opening more after hearing her words.

I shook my head repeatedly, feeling anxious about Narae's dream. -I will never marry her, Narae. I promise. – I said without hesitating my words, immediately holding her hands tightly.