Chapter 14: Upcoming Events

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Later that night*

-Jaemin's POV-

I let Narae rest between my arms for some time until she decided to go and take a shower. I told her she could go after drinking her tea; after all, she wasn't entirely calm at that moment. But once Narae finished the warm drink, I let her go to the bathroom. In the meantime, I picked up the things from the living room, washed the few dishes on the sink, and went towards my room. I prepared the bed and put on my sleepwear, then lying down on the mattress while reading a book.

I turned off the lights once I heard Narae going out of the bathroom and then called it a night. My thoughts disturbed my dreams; after all, I was still thinking about everything that happened today. I felt happy and excited after the video Ella sent my way, and I had a great time with my friends. But then, I saw Narae with her hopes so low, and her smile didn't appear at any moment of the night. However, I'm glad that she isn't scared of staying by my side anymore. I convinced Narae to start something new and fresh with me, which she accepted after thinking about it for some minutes. Narae worries about my position at the agency and my relationship with my father. I'm grateful that she does, but I insisted that nothing will change if we stay hidden for some time.

Right now, I have my eyes shut as I heard the subtle sound of the raindrops. I'm comfortable on my bed, attempting to get some sleep. But then, I heard someone calling my name, making me open my eyes and look to the door of the room. There's when I saw Narae standing there, looking shyly at me.

-You can't sleep, huh? – I questioned, which Narae nodded for in response. -It's alright, come; I'll make you some space. – I said, and briefly, Narae walked towards the bed.

I pulled the bedsheets up, letting Narae rest on the mattress before covering her with them. I stared at Narae, noticing the tears in her eyes.

-Can't stop crying? – I questioned.

Narae shook her head in response, making me sigh and then hold her between my arms.

-Tell me what to do. I want to see you smile at least a little bit. – I softly spoke while caressing Narae's head. -What is bothering my girl? Huh? – I questioned while looking at her teary eyes.

-I'm feeling worried for what might come ahead; that's all. – Narae admitted before glancing back at me. -And I'm also happy to know that you care about me. – Narae said before smiling slightly.

-There you go. That's the smile I wanted to see before sleeping again. – I sleepily grinned before kissing Narae's forehead, making her smile more.

-Tomorrow, you are back to be my boss, so chill. – Narae teased, making me chuckle slightly.

-Rude, but that only applies inside the office. – I claimed before Narae started to hold me tightly. But then, she got apart and looked at me once again.