Chapter 13: Not Holding Back

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaemin's POV-

I'm cleaning Narae's wounds with a wet towel, placing some soap above her skin. Gently, I try to move the towel slowly, not wanting to harm Narae even more. So far, I haven't asked anything else to her since I can see that she's trying to process everything that happened tonight. It concerns me to know that Eunju was capable of hurting Narae, and at the same time makes me want to do something about the matter. However, I'm sure that Narae doesn't want me to make this situation more complicated for both.

Right now, I can't stop looking at Narae, wondering what's inside her mind. I can't tell if she's harming herself more by remembering what happened or if I should let her space out like she's currently doing. I sighed before staring back at Narae's wounds. Immediately, noticing the scratches and the redness on her skin.

Narae battled herself out of the place she was in; maybe she confronted Eunju.

-Narae. – I murmured while looking at her, attempting to capture her attention.

-I'm sorry for bringing you trouble, Jaemin. – Narae suddenly said, looking blankly at the window.

-No, don't say that, Narae. – I softly spoke before placing the towel away, and then I started to put bandages over Narae's wounds.

-I never expected Eunju's obsession would turn her into a psychopath. It took her time to plan all of this, but I guess she didn't think about my background before kidnapping me. – Narae expressed, a subtle smile showing on her face.

-What happened? – I asked, concerned. I placed Narae's arm down and looked at her.

-I was taking out the trash when suddenly, a car parked in front of the street. I saw a couple of men coming out from it, and they chased me until they brought me back to the vehicle. One of them drugged me, and I lost consciousness. Then, when I woke up, I was inside a warehouse with Eunju. She wanted to put me inside a cage, keep me inside like a wild animal. But I fought her until reaching the door of the place and running as fast as I could. After some minutes, I approached the city, but I couldn't stop going further because I wasn't sure if someone followed me. – Narae explained, her expression turning sober as she speaks.

-Did Eunju say why she took you? – I questioned, starting to become upset.

-You. – Narae looked at me with tears in the corner of her eyes. -Eunju wants you, and she said that I was between both of you. So, she needed to get rid of the only obstacle left. – Narae disclosed while her tears fell on her cheeks.

-Hey, it's okay. – I said, cleaning Narae's tears with my thumb. -I won't let it go, Narae. I promise to take care of you until this situation ends. No, I will be there as long as you feel safe, okay? – I assured Narae, noticing her eyes illuminating after my words.

-Why? Why do you care so much about me? – Narae questioned, confused.

I smiled slightly, then caressing her cheek. -You are necessary for my life, and I have to take care of the few people I rely on and trust. – I disclosed, speaking sincerely to Narae.

-Is it because I'm an essential member of our team at work? – Narae asked, making me chuckle at her innocence.

-Yes, but I also consider you a key element in my life. Narae, I'm the one that should apologize for bringing you so much trouble; after all, Eunju wouldn't do these things to you if she didn't know how I feel. – I revealed while caressing the side of Narae's neck with my thumb, holding her face with my hand.

-Ah, Jaemin, I challenged Eunju multiple times. So, it wasn't entirely your fault; however, I'm glad to know how you feel and that she knows about it, too. – Narae admitted, still not showing a smile on her face.

-You are fierce but naïve and caring. I would say you are the happy virus of the team alongside Jisung. – I slightly smiled while moving closer to Narae. -But Eunju was the one to underestimate you; she didn't know that you are also pretty strong. – I pointed out while holding her hand.

Narae sighed before placing her head on my shoulder, making me snuggle closer to her. -I remembered the time when I was little. Middle School years weren't the best for me. I still recall that day when these girls took me to the restroom to beat me up. And ever since that time, I have started to practice personal defense. And then, I leveled up the intensity and got into martial arts. – Narae disclosed while pressing my hand gently.

-I want to see how Eunju looks after the beating you gave her. – I joked, making Narae looked at me. I smiled before placing her hair behind her ear. -What is it? – I asked.

-Nothing, I wanted to thank you for saving me. – Narae admitted before softly kissing my cheek. When she pulled away, I held the back of her head and leaned closer to her lips, kissing her slowly, closing my eyes while enjoying the gentle movements. I felt Narae's hand pressing mine while following my lips, but shortly after, we pulled away from each other.

I smiled at Narae before her tears started to drop again; I chuckled slightly, not knowing why she began to cry again. So, I pulled her closer while keeping her warmth against my embrace.

-What is it? You didn't expect that, did you? – I questioned, making fun of Narae's reaction.

Narae shook her head before hiding her face against my shoulder. -Now I'm more scared and worried. – She stuttered.

-No, don't worry about anything. Okay? I will protect you, even though you can do it yourself. But I'll be there for you. – I spoke, trying to cheer Narae's spirits.

-No, I can't let you sacrifice so much for me. – Narae said before looking at me. -Eunju will ruin your career, and she's going to tell your father about it. – Narae pointed out, concerned.

-I don't think Eunju will go there. However, I want you to know that for now, we have to keep ourselves in secret. – I told Narae, making her look at me, confused.

-What do you mean, Jaemin? – Narae asked.

-I won't ask you to be my girlfriend because I know your answer already. So, our relationship has to stay a secret, okay? – I said, making Narae cry more. I chuckled before hugging her warmly. -Why are you crying again? Huh? Are you a baby? – I teased, causing Narae to sob.

-Jaemin. – Narae sobbed while holding me tightly.

-I'm here; stop crying, my sensible, baby. – I whispered before kissing Narae's head and then stroke it gently, brushing through her strands of hair. I sighed while looking at my girl, knowing that I won't let this go so quickly.

You won't get away with this, Eunju. I promise that I'll make it up for Narae.

I stared back at Narae, trying to endure the anger I'm feeling. And then, I hummed softly, attempting to calm down Narae.

-Here, let's get ready to sleep. You can stay in the guest's room as long as you wish, okay? – I told Narae, which she nodded for in response. -Good girl. – I smiled while trying to smile, but is hard while looking at Narae so sad. The times I've witnessed her cry are those memories that I want to erase from my mind; however, this time, I'm becoming worried to see this sadness on her more often.

-Hang in there, would you? You aren't alone, Narae. – I whispered while holding her tighter.