Chapter 8: Partners & Friends

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Hours later*

-Narae's POV-

You've worked for about three hours without rest. Jaemin finished most of the tasks he had to do for the project, and luckily, you were able to get the design done for today's meeting. It was a productive day, and it looks like Jaemin ended up more tired than you expected. You didn't know why he was drinking so much coffee; after his third cup, you got a slight idea that perhaps the boss had a poor night.

After working hard on the project, both of you decided to take a break. Jaemin is lying against the back of the couch. And meanwhile, you are sitting on the seat next to him while watching your boss making weird noises. It was funny to see him complaining like a small child, but at the same time, it intrigued you to know why Jaemin was acting that way.

-Do you want another cup of coffee, Mr. Na? – You asked, making fun of the amount of coffee Jaemin has drunk.

-Tease me all you want, Ms. Cha. I will get you back once I have enough energy. – Jaemin chuckled slightly, covering his face with a pillow.

-No, but honestly talking, why are you so tired? – You questioned curiously.

-I couldn't sleep well last night. – Jaemin revealed before sitting down correctly. He placed his hands together before taking a deep breath. -I thought about the things we discussed before going to sleep. Do you recall? – Jaemin questioned, looking back at you.

-Of course, it was somewhat personal and melancholic. – You reminisced before noticing Jaemin's lost gaze. -Why did you think about it, though? – You questioned, attempting to pull Jaemin away from his lost mind.

-You opened up to me without questioning the reason why I wanted to know more about you. So, I believed it was unfair from my side to keep silent about myself. – Jaemin disclosed sincerely. -I figured that I must talk about my story with you as well. – He spoke before looking up at you.

-You don't have to—

Jaemin interrupted you. -I want to do it, Narae. – He smiled while placing his hand on your thigh.

You nodded and listened to whatever Jaemin wanted to say. He put his hand away and began talking.

-I once had a girlfriend; it was way before I started to work for my father. At the time, I was barely a graduate from my career, and I dedicated most of my time to new projects that I offered to my father's clients and to dancing with my friends at an academy. – Jaemin began to explain, looking calm so far into the story. -Throughout those years, I met this girl who I thought would change everything for the better, but then I found out two years later that she just wanted to reach my father's company. That girl knew that my father was the CEO of an important company, so she wanted me close only to get a job. – Jaemin disclosed, looking earnest, and not making eye contact with you.