Chapter 25: Going Down

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The following day*

-Narae's POV-

You arrived at the company alongside Jaemin, which caused distress around your department. It seems that everyone's aware of your relationship with Jaemin; therefore, he didn't hesitate to show it just like yesterday. Yet, the fun times ended when you received a call from Mr. Na's assistant; she notified you can't be part of the presentation for the skyscraper campaign, but aside from it, the CEO also forbids your entrance to the event. It is evident that Jaemin's father wants to leave your name out of the project, but you let it slide and decided to use your time wisely. Since you can't work on the presentation anymore, you told Jeno and Chenle to take care of your part, and then you began to work on the collaboration. It was the only thing you could do; therefore, you took the best route to stay productive.

Currently, you are writing some ideas for the project, making some sketches when the meeting arrives. Yet, Chenle sat a few meters away from you, working on his desk while eyeing you. It was visible how he thinks about something, causing you to stop your work to look at him.

-What is it? – You asked, capturing Chenle's attention immediately.

-I don't understand how you can be so calm after Mr. Na's decision. He's entirely removing your name from previous projects, and he even forbid your entrance at the event. – Chenle pointed out, upset.

-There's nothing I can do about it, Chenle. He's the boss, and after what happened with Jaemin, I'm sure Mr. Na will stay true to his words; perhaps that's why he's removing me from all projects. – You pointed out before smiling at your friend. -Rest assured, Chenle. I'm sure everything will turn out well for everybody. – You said, trying to stay optimistic regardless of the current circumstances.

-You are right; sooner or later, Eunju will get what she deserves. – Chenle mentioned before Renjun arrived at his place.

-Chenle has a point, Eunju will pay, but I believe it'll happen soon. – Renjun said, causing you to glace at Chenle, confused. Then, both looked back at Renjun.

-Why do you say so? – Chenle asked.

-Jaemin. He got notified of the modifications for the skyscraper event, and he's furious. – Renjun explained, causing you to feel concerned.

-Do you come from seeing him? – Chenle questioned, which Renjun nodded for in response before sitting on his chair.

-Jeno is trying to calm Jaemin down, but he's pretty upset. – Renjun said while looking at you. -I know you are thinking of going with him, but it's better if you leave Jaemin alone for some moments. – Renjun suggested while subtlety smiling at you.

-I understand why Jaemin is so upset about his father's decision, but he shouldn't argue about something that can't change. Mr. Na chose to leave me out of the event, and as an employee, I must do as he says. – You pointed out before continuing with your work.

-You are taking things too lightly, Narae. I believe you should talk about your honest feelings concerning the current situation. – Chenle worriedly mentioned.

-Your relevance in this company is no joke. So, you have to speak for a position you got with hard work. – Renjun told you.

-This position isn't mine anymore. I only have a few weeks left before resigning, but you have to think about your career, not mine. – You sternly claimed before returning to your work. -I know you are trying to help me, and I appreciate it a lot. But you make me worry more than I have to; after all, I'm aware of your plans once I leave. – You revealed, causing Chenle and Renjun to glance at each other.

-You are clever. People didn't lie about your supernatural powers. – Renjun mentioned while anxiously caressing the back of his head.

-How did you find out? – Chenle asked, confused.

-Jaemin told me you wanted to resign from JJ's Company, and then he mentioned how you wouldn't act recklessly without a backup plan. I thought about it all night and came up with a conclusion; you are making a company on your own, and that's why you don't feel the necessity to stay here any longer. – You described, making your friends look at you, stunned. You got it all right, but nobody told you about it; you deduced it after thinking for some instants.

-You are unbelievable, Narae. I thought we weren't apparent with our plans. – Chenle mentioned, slightly upset. You chuckled at his words before rolling your eyes, and then you told your friends to continue working.

Does Jaemin know about this plan? Is that so; why did he seem so unsettled last night?

*Hours later*

-Jaemin's POV-

Long hours passed at the office, and the only thing I got from it was a terrible headache due to my father and more work than before. For once, I didn't enjoy working anymore, and my team already noticed my lack of commitment in the upcoming collaboration with Yong's Corporation. Yet, everything began after knowing what my father did to Narae. He took her out of the project she worked so hard on, and then he canceled her access to the campaign event. Jeno and Renjun were with me when I received the news from my assistant. Both tried to calm me down before I could do something about the situation, and even though I couldn't stay steady at first, I eventually slowed down and continued to work on the skyscraper project. It took the effort to keep myself composed; after all, my father's behavior exhibits how he used to be when my mother was still alive.

The morning suddenly turned to noon, and then the sunset arrived out of nowhere. Hours passed like minutes, so today's work didn't feel tedious. However, most of the employees returned home; after all, today is the last day of the week. I stayed longer since I wanted to complete everything to have space this weekend to myself.

Currently, I'm walking out of my office, looking around to notice the few people around the department. As I passed by, I said goodbye to my co-workers, briefly walking towards Narae's place. Soon, finding her sleeping on the desk. I slightly snickered before getting next to her, then placing her stuff inside her purse. But while doing so, I saw the notes on her notebook, which caused me to frown.

-She's working on the upcoming project with Yong's Corporation. – I heard Jisung say, causing me to look at him, confused.

-Is Narae already contacting Yong Sangkyu? – I worriedly asked while eyeing Narae's notes.

-No, Narae is only talking with Yong's assistant, but that's it. – Jisung clarified before helping me to put Narae's things away. -Let's go out of here, and I'll explain to you what I know. – Jisung kindly said before carrying Narae's purse.

I nodded at my friend's words before taking Narae between my arms, carefully placing her head on my shoulder while carrying her. Then, we started to walk towards the exit.

-How do you know what Narae is doing? – I asked, confused.

-Narae came to ask for help from Mark-hyung and me. And then, she explained to us what she began to do. But honestly, I understand why she began to work on the upcoming project; right now, she doesn't have anything else to do. – Jisung disclosed before looking at me. -You aren't jealous, are you, hyung? – Jisung questioned.

I shook my head before scoffing at his words. -I don't get jealous regularly. – I claimed, causing Jisung to laugh at my words.

Then, I looked at him earnestly. -It was a mere joke, hyung. You don't get jealous so quickly. – Jisung anxiously smiled as he stopped laughing at me.

Am I overprotective with Narae? No, I could never be that way. Right?